Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Hi all,
Not the most exciting shot, but this was taken last week on my first overnight trip down to Somerset to pick up a solar panel from Roger.

The campsite, near Taunton, Holly Bush, was nothing to write home about and the road noisy but nonetheless I amused myself fitting the Cali topper on my own for the first time (in 4C cold).

Dinner was warmed up (leftovers from a roast the night before at home) and I settled in to watch a movie.

All went well I opted to sleep 'upstairs' to give it a whirl. Nice and toasty and had to turn the heater right down in the middle of the night.

No gremlins discovered in the van and used my trip to make a short-list of anything that I have forgotten kitting the van out - overall I think I am pretty much there.

Next trip will be soon but hopefully somewhere closer to home and much quieter!

IMG_0036.jpeg

Hi all,
Not the most exciting shot, but this was taken last week on my first overnight trip down to Somerset to pick up a solar panel from Roger.

The campsite, near Taunton, Holly Bush, was nothing to write home about and the road noisy but nonetheless I amused myself fitting the Cali topper on my own for the first time (in 4C cold).

Dinner was warmed up (leftovers from a roast the night before at home) and I settled in to watch a movie.

All went well I opted to sleep 'upstairs' to give it a whirl. Nice and toasty and had to turn the heater right down in the middle of the night.

No gremlins discovered in the van and used my trip to make a short-list of anything that I have forgotten kitting the van out - overall I think I am pretty much there.

Next trip will be soon but hopefully somewhere closer to home and much quieter!

View attachment 87768
so so so so happy for you.
In February 2020, when I bought what I now call HoG (Heart of Gold) off the driveway of a successful software engineer who said he "... just want it gone, it's getting mouldy and taking up space" I hadnt ever owned a van before bit I knew it was going to be my full time home.
Several months of van living brought about so very many errors and my low mental health was determined to delay learning crucial details of DPF filters (my first ever diesel let alone EU6) giving way to engine warning lights, regular 20% remaining AGM charge through over-use of power and gauging how quickly I went through the fresh water tank and learning to reuse and live more efficiently.
After 2 years this February coming, of full time van living, without a doubt, the single most effective thing I did was make contact with Roger and install solar panels.
My two AGM leisure batteries couldnt be saved in time so they are barely coping just over a day, even after a full hookup charge.
I need badly to replace both - Any donations welcome :)
Suffice to say - getting solar is utterly brilliant. I got 3x100W because of full time off-grid life I have, bit even one panel will save your batteries in most instances.
love the colour of your van!

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Are you going to swap it for an open roof one now you have your solar panel?
I shall keep the topper I have. My Cali is a daily driver in that when I use a vehicle it is the only one I use. That means it is used a couple of times a week. Hopefully that along with the sun that may eventually return to the UK, will be enough to keep the charge on the batteries.

Last surf of the year. Heading west now so will hopefully get first surf of 2022 tomorrow in Donegal.

Happy New Year to everyone and their Calis. Hopefully 2022 is full of adventures!
a64e3e0476fed2b77635bc7e6374fac5.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Love the bridge photo, where is it?