Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Amazing place if you like your WW2 history. I guess you do as you called your picture "Jig Section". Personally of all the places I visited in that area, the commonwealth graves at Caen had the most impact. I also have a great picture of my son peering into the gun at Longues Sur Mer from many years ago. Stayed on a site near Port-en-Bessin.

Amazing place if you like your WW2 history. I guess you do as you called your picture "Jig Section". Personally of all the places I visited in that area, the commonwealth graves at Caen had the most impact. I also have a great picture of my son peering into the gun at Longues Sur Mer from many years ago. Stayed on a site near Port-en-Bessin.
My dad (95 and going strong) landed on Jig with the South Wales Borderers on the 2nd wave, 6th June. So a visit I’d been intending to make for some time.

My dad (95 and going strong) landed on Jig with the South Wales Borderers on the 2nd wave, 6th June. So a visit I’d been intending to make for some time.
The bravest of guys landing on those beaches. Glad you were able to make that trip.

Normandy WW2
My wife works (part time these days) for Aces High who have a shop in Wendover and another in Sainte-Mere-Eglise in Normandy. Sainte-Mere-Eglise is well worth a visit when in Normandy.

Last Sunday at the Wendover branch they had a D-Day veterans event - yes there are still some survivors, although the numbers are falling for obvious reasons. One chap on Sunday was 101 years young and in great form :) Bill Gladden now well into his 90’s was in great voice and sung a complete song unaccompanied. Fantastic to meet these guys and get their autographs in my Overlord book.

8D6DE536-0F40-46D2-BC86-7567CFCE05FB.jpeg

D0912418-55D4-4B06-8A4F-FB2F214F68F9.jpeg

E3C91EE4-4DE8-467D-AC50-6E08F4464638.jpeg

First trip in the new van, didn't go far - about 1h up the coast to Mendexa (nr Lekeitio). We looked like n00bs with the new table and chairs ;) although all the camping kit inside is years old! Good times had by all, can't wait til we can escape for more than a weekend.

NMztkh4.jpeg

wX4RTZK.jpeg

KX9UgGX.jpeg

El primer viaje en la nueva furgoneta no fue muy lejos: aproximadamente 1 hora por la costa hasta Mendexa (nr Lekeitio). ¡Pareceríamos n00bs con la mesa y las sillas nuevas, ;) aunque todo el equipo de campamento adentro tiene años! Buenos momentos para todos, no puedo esperar hasta que podamos escapar por más de un fin de semana.
Muchas felicidades por la Cali ,disfrutarla mucho...

Sitting out by the cali, looking across to the beautiful Ragley Hall in Warwickshire. Here for the Midlands Air Festival.

Lots of lovely native trees, so off shortly for a forage for twigs and small branches to fuel the kellie kettle in the morning. Bought some pinecones from home for firelighting. No open fires allowed so will use the base of my Cobb for the kettle. The outer base stays cool whilst the feirce heat goes up the kettle’s chimney.

Happy jubilee weekend everyone.

864A2ED0-E787-497E-BA2C-DCC7E9A15945.jpeg