Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Is the tent for the dog
Sadly not - I have to go up in the poptop as he insists on sleeping on the downstairs bed with my wife! This was him 10 secs after I put up my comfy recliner ready for a wee snooze in the sun... The tent is a £40 bike tent from Halfords- perfect for dumping a load of gear in, and packs down pretty small. 20230408_180555.jpg

57B55ECA-85F9-4216-AE80-DDAF94A56E52.jpeg

Treheli Farm, Wales. Great campsite with basic facilities. Great vibes, chilled atmosphere and those views - wow!

Only downside was the wind on the final day! For the first time in my 4 years of Cali ownership the bellows got caught weirdly enough in the front of the roof when bringing it down (I didn’t notice it because the Iso-Top inner lining folded just fine).

Fortunately I noticed it trapped immediately, and there’s absolutely zero damage, but certainly was a heart drop and a reminder not to be too complacent when bringing the roof down! A window was open, it has a bellows bungee, plus I was pulling in the canvas… Always best for the other half to step out and have a quick check in windy conditions.

Regardless, a great getaway and feeling once again refreshed.
AEF16815-A77A-4827-846E-89CE009D7824.jpegA1E229ED-0232-4DC6-A22D-5BF8B9A99A14.jpeg

Sadly not - I have to go up in the poptop as he insists on sleeping on the downstairs bed with my wife! This was him 10 secs after I put up my comfy recliner ready for a wee snooze in the sun... The tent is a £40 bike tent from Halfords- perfect for dumping a load of gear in, and packs down pretty small.

Sounds good for you, I'd much rather sleep in the comfortable pop top than with a dog

Hot Air Ballooning at The All Fools meet at Great Missenden. First camped here in 1987 in our T3 Autosleeper with our children. Thirty years on, reliving memories with our grandchildren. Happy days.20230408_182126.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Air Ballooning at The All Fools meet at Great Missenden. First camped here in 1987 in our T3 Autosleeper with our children. Thirty years on, reliving memories with our grandchildren. Happy days.View attachment 107085
Hehe, that reminds me..... I used to fly one like that green one..........entertaining to land if the wind gets up! (or if you have a flame-out over the lions of Longleat :oops:)

Parked up in Settle kicking off a road trip around the Yorkshire Dales - luckily weather much better than the forecast! Passed another copper 2tone going the opposite way down the m6 so hello if that was you
726beb325e838562541ef6793a2cf6ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serenity campsite by Runswick Bay. Wonderful site. The little communal heated cabin with sofas, books, board games and maps is much appreciated on a cold and windy evening. D44D682F-B23D-4B63-B5F9-912BF7DDBDFC.jpeg

Thanks my daughter was the final say in the colour, hense the sparkly finish :)
Just noticed you’ve a 4 seater Beach, just sold ours after 4 fab years, if you are looking for any accessories, drop us a PM.

Crazy weather last night at Burns Farm, 1st time ive had to drop the roof due to wind. Front roof drains also blocked again.. Drove up Swineside to the end of the road, walked up towards the Lingy Hut the onto the ridge and Knott. No views toral whiteout thick sleet/snow making the return leg into the wind pretty grim. Intended to stay at Braithwaite but they're electrics out so over to Troutbeck Head instead. Heater on fed and dogs happy sleeping. Pretty varied easter weather.

20230412_204428.jpg

Haven’t figured out how to DM yet haha, what’s the main recomendations? We’re planning to travel quite lite (well that’s my hope anyway but with a 5yo and 7mth yo that may be a pipe dream)
Just noticed you’ve a 4 seater Beach, just sold ours after 4 fab years, if you are looking for any accessories, drop us a PM.

TCS Camping Sion, Switzerland. Testing my new Quechua Base Air Connect. Held up well in the rain and wind last night. Not bad for 370 Chf!
18498712c86a62d1686c7c6d5ad43e71.jpg

1bebf49e9659d3ab19f7e7f2b49decc0.jpg

8ce68b328f4006ff2cef0e3caf327782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking at one of these ourselves. You would recommend then? How “tight” can you seal it against the van. I was concerned that it wouldn’t be a great seal b/c it wouldn’t connect to the van awning rail thingy