Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

So…. Last week the van was used as a ‘rubbish truck’…… today it’s been a bread dough proving room’ :D (OK, I’ll admit the proving could be done indoors but the house was a little too cool whereas the van was basking in the April sun like a greenhouse and therefore just the right temperature for the dough:thumb

The finished product……. one wholemeal loaf and white with rye loaf :)

6DBF5AC6-641F-43ED-910C-32C7035E24E1.jpeg28CE9B19-321A-4306-BC82-CF470A499D74.jpeg37BD7658-23D8-4424-B0F2-CF2F56299509.jpeg

So…. Last week the van was used as a ‘rubbish truck’…… today it’s been a bread dough proving room’ :D (OK, I’ll admit the proving could be done indoors but the house was a little too cool whereas the van was basking in the April sun like a greenhouse and therefore just the right temperature for the dough:thumb

View attachment 107345View attachment 107346View attachment 107347
Love that you used the van to prove your bread, but were the loaves on top of the porta potti??? :eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 107345View attachment 107346View attachment 107347
What’s going on ?
You had sun, in Scotland ?

Our current “view of our van”. After 9 days on the road and our last night via The Lakes we discovered that the narrow Fiama Pro levels and the 18” Palmerstons convert to a puncture if just using doubled up on the one wheel… gave them away to the van next to us and we’ll deal with the flat in the morning.

IMG_3621.jpeg

Atleast it’s at the end of hols, levelling chocs come in handy for getting bottle Jack/trolly Jack etc under van. Even when the AA come out

Our current “view of our van”. After 9 days on the road and our last night via The Lakes we discovered that the narrow Fiama Pro levels and the 18” Palmerstons convert to a puncture if just using doubled up on the one wheel… gave them away to the van next to us and we’ll deal with the flat in the morning.

View attachment 107350
Why would they do that? Could it not be a coincidence?

Atleast it’s at the end of hols, levelling chocs come in handy for getting bottle Jack/trolly Jack etc under van. Even when the AA come out
We have a Holts can. We’ll give that a go as soon as we loaded and ready to go. What could go wrong :D

Why would they do that? Could it not be a coincidence?
Good question. We had them doubled as the rear offside needed lifting a lot. The Fiamma Pros are quite a bit narrower than the tyre and I think I had the wheel too close to the top. The combo of a narrow leveller, tight edge and all the weight on one corner has, as far as I can see, caused the flat. We were away for a few hours and came back like that. There is no damage I can see to the tyre but trying to just re-inflate causes it to deflate again over an hour. My guess is the sheer weight and pressure has caused an issue, maybe with the sidewall seal, but it could be a nail that I can’t see just as easilly and a coincidence as you say. We drove 200 miles here so it would be a massive coincidence as everything was spot on when we parked and no warnings from the pressure monitor.

Good question. We had them doubled as the rear offside needed lifting a lot. The Fiamma Pros are quite a bit narrower than the tyre and I think I had the wheel too close to the top. The combo of a narrow leveller, tight edge and all the weight on one corner has, as far as I can see, caused the flat. We were away for a few hours and came back like that. There is no damage I can see to the tyre but trying to just re-inflate causes it to deflate again over an hour. My guess is the sheer weight and pressure has caused an issue, maybe with the sidewall seal, but it could be a nail that I can’t see just as easilly and a coincidence as you say. We drove 200 miles here so it would be a massive coincidence as everything was spot on when we parked and no warnings from the pressure monitor.
I'd bet on it being punctured.

I always carry a repair kit and 12 v pump, used it many times.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WF2DC8F/?tag=eliteelect-21

Last edited:
I'd bet on it being punctured.

I always carry a repair kit and 12 v pump, used it many times.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WF2DC8F/?tag=eliteelect-21
Turns out was a little more complicated. There was a sharp stone in the tyre and the pressure of the ramp on the stone right on the corner had pushed the stone into the tyre. Exasperated by the ramps being narrower than the low and wide 18s. Found it, removed sharp stone (small air leak) rotated the tyre so the leak was on bottom and used the Holts Tyreweld. Pools in the leak area to fill the gap before you then drive at 50 for 6 miles to expand the foam and increase pressure in the wheel. Worked a treat. 250 miles and home with no loss of pressure. As this actually a thread of views of van, here is one from the trip, a bland but perfunctory site on the north side of Loch Ness.

IMG_3514.jpeg

Last edited:
We were also in Ardnamurchan a week ago and had such a great spot.
Unfortunately, our planned boat trip to Staffa got cancelled because of the fairly strong wind.

IMG_5998 Large.jpeg
(sun going down)

IMG_6003 Large.jpeg
(This was the moon rising)

Did you also have to drive around because of one of the ferries not running?
View this morning at Bunree site Onich. Heading for Ardnamurchan tomorrow.

View attachment 107357

Yes we drove via Loch
Unfortunately, our planned boat trip to Staffa got cancelled because of the fairly strong wind.

View attachment 107383
(sun going down)

View attachment 107384

Did you also have to drive around because of one of the ferries not runn

View attachment 107383
(sun going down)

View attachment 107384

Did you also have to drive around because of one of the ferries not running?
Yes we took the long way - but it’s a lovely road especially when we stopped for a coffee brew up looking out to Eigg and Rum. its our second trip to Ardnamurchan and won’t be our last either.