Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Not so much ‘from the van’, as ‘of the van’ !
My 1st only me and Tavish trip. Had the van 5 years but always had hubby along too.

Couple of nights in Blair Atholl and managed to organise ourselves pretty well. Didn’t set up the ‘drive away awning’ as too much for single handed, but wind out awning was easy, just a bit of a faff closing

IMG_5726.jpeg

Not so much ‘from the van’, as ‘of the van’ !
My 1st only me and Tavish trip. Had the van 5 years but always had hubby along too.

Couple of nights in Blair Atholl and managed to organise ourselves pretty well. Didn’t set up the ‘drive away awning’ as too much for single handed, but wind out awning was easy, just a bit of a faff closing

View attachment 124441
Fortune favours the brave.

Thank you for all your advice forum people Jungfrau in Switzerland is wonderful apart from the crowds ....
Lovely. We're off there next month. We passed through last year but didn't stay.
Do you have any recommendations for activities, ideally using public transport?
(We went up the Schilthorn and visited the Trummelbach Falls last year).

I can recommend one of the two other campsites deeper in the valley and away from crowds, also cheaper if it matters: Camping Breithorn or Rütti Stechelberg. Walk from Lauterbrunnen to end of the valley is nice too.

You can take cable car to the top of the Mannlichen, walk on PanoramaWeg to Kliene Scheidegg and come back via Wengen on foot or take train from Kleine Scheidegg or Wengen.

Other circular route: train to Grindelwald and from there train to Kleine Scheidegg and down to Wengen and Lauterbrunnen. From Grindelwald there's a lot of options, like taking cable car to First and then choose one of the routes to walk down. Of course you can choose to walk up on on the hikes and take public transport down.

I go there almost every year for couple of weeks and always find something to do. Last year cycled from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen and back, it can be done other way around.

Great, thanks.
We were visiting friends in the area last year but only had time for a day trip. I think we've got a week to play with this time. We'll have bikes but also a nine-year old, so can't be too ambitious. Keen to make full use of the public transport options. I'll try and update one of the relevant threads when I get back.

At the top of Männlichen there are some attractions for kids, not sure if they are suitable for 9y old or younger ones. A lot of kids is walking from there to Kleine Scheidegg. It's relatively easy walk.

Found a cool little free parking near Luzern. Wild camping and working from van today.
51ba2d260efd06bca2a6177cdce99104.jpg

4232df0a4fd1717a9683072fb23564e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can recommend one of the two other campsites deeper in the valley and away from crowds, also cheaper if it matters: Camping Breithorn or Rütti Stechelberg. Walk from Lauterbrunnen to end of the valley is nice too.

You can take cable car to the top of the Mannlichen, walk on PanoramaWeg to Kliene Scheidegg and come back via Wengen on foot or take train from Kleine Scheidegg or Wengen.

Other circular route: train to Grindelwald and from there train to Kleine Scheidegg and down to Wengen and Lauterbrunnen. From Grindelwald there's a lot of options, like taking cable car to First and then choose one of the routes to walk down. Of course you can choose to walk up on on the hikes and take public transport down.

I go there almost every year for couple of weeks and always find something to do. Last year cycled from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen and back, it can be done other way around.
Agnes I can Absolutely see why you would go every year having visted now thanks for the Extra tips Will use on other visits
Two add to the list the Eiger Express was just astonishing for views

Great, thanks.
We were visiting friends in the area last year but only had time for a day trip. I think we've got a week to play with this time. We'll have bikes but also a nine-year old, so can't be too ambitious. Keen to make full use of the public transport options. I'll try and update one of the relevant threads when I get back.
Jungfrau Pass amazing covers so many boats trains and cable cars we have not moved the van all week cost .....£&*+ but gives you a rest from driving and trying to park and you can see or do everything you might want to do

Going to Lozern tomorrow for 3 nights any tips Webbah?

For a place to stay? Highly recommend this place in Stansstadt for an amazing view. Free at night too between 7PM and 7AM. It’s outside of Luzern though by about a 15 min drive. Well worth it for a lovely night and gorgeous views! This is from Park4Night
87d47fdca2fa4ecb15abe0cd5789ef95.png

waking up here bliss, only down side 5degrees and no heating yet!View attachment 124517

I spent the weekend doing the Ancient Perambulation of Dartmoor. I’ve spent a lot of time on the moor over the years but never visited most of the places I walked at the weekend. I reckon once I left Princetown behind I only saw four other people until we reached Fernworthy Reservoir the following afternoon some 30+ miles later! I never thought anywhere in Southern England could be so remote. In parts it felt like being on the Cape Wrath trail.