Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

I was planning to have a long walk on the forest and spend the night at Matley Wood tomorrow, not sure I’ll bother now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I left there Sunday morning, so much rain.
Butser hill is a great little park up and keeps the legs fresh for the mountains up and down the big dip there.

Nice slammed 5 behind you, beats the skips on the last site!
Yes he's still here. I'm on castlerigg farm. I moved away from him though due to him and his Mrs suffering from constant campsite cough

Yes he's still here. I'm on castlerigg farm. I moved away from him though due to him and his Mrs suffering from constant campsite cough
Nothing worse than that and shouting when they have music too loud. Why do they lower them so far; what is the point and how poor can the ride be!! There's a business (if that's what you call it) in my nearby town that lowers VW's - my wife calls it the Wacky Races garage!! BTW I think you can get a little more polish on the Cali :)

Ah, I think I checked it online once. I stayed at Sweet Hill Farm which is just by the Lighthouse. Narrow strip of grass and very windy.

Talybont on usk. Managed one of the last bumps to chalk off around area Tor y Foel looks down on it.

Was there in April and did the Brecon Horseshoe. There was snow on the tops early on which turned murky later on which is more usual in that part of the world than the sunshine you’ve enjoyed!

I think, I will try this place on weekend. Is there an option of grass without electricity? Website has option for tent and no electricity, but all van spaces have electricity included and are more expensive.

I think, I will try this place on weekend. Is there an option of grass without electricity? Website has option for tent and no electricity, but all van spaces have electricity included and are more expensive.
I’m not sure, first time there, might be worth giving them a call. There are a lot of pitches there to choose from so I’d be surprised if not.

If you do go, I’d recommend the Turks Head nearby for a bite to eat. Also Moonfleet Manor is a nice costal walk away for a refreshing drink.

Lake district, again. Like the sign behind telling people not to follow their sat navs down this lane

View attachment 126053

Just read that Stonethwaite has shut down. It was very primitive but one of my favourite stops. Locals didn’t like it apparently, one of them threatened one of the staff which was the last straw

Just read that Stonethwaite has shut down. It was very primitive but one of my favourite stops. Locals didn’t like it apparently, one of them threatened one of the staff which was the last straw

Stonethwaite farm? Up from the langstrath inn? Not sleathwaite? It has been there years. There's not really 'staff' as such at stonethwaite. Just the farmer or his lacky who comes round to get money. I must admit last time I was there , there were alot of bell ends in tents screaming and carrying on all sodding night until they had a mouthful from me. Then an arsehole who parked and blocked the road. Maybe they're sick of idiots there now

Seems you are right. Sad times.

Screenshot_20240710_194457_Facebook.jpg

Stonethwaite farm? Up from the langstrath inn? Not sleathwaite? It has been there years. There's not really 'staff' as such at stonethwaite. Just the farmer or his lacky who comes round to get money. I must admit last time I was there , there were alot of bell ends in tents screaming and carrying on all sodding night until they had a mouthful from me. Then an arsehole who parked and blocked the road. Maybe they're sick of idiots there now

Yes Stonethwaite, I think that was the problem they didn’t turn anyone away no matter how badly behaved which is what has wound up the locals. I’ve only ever been out of peak season and usually had the place almost to myself so never had any bother.

Yes Stonethwaite, I think that was the problem they didn’t turn anyone away no matter how badly behaved which is what has wound up the locals. I’ve only ever been out of peak season and usually had the place almost to myself so never had any bother.

So the staff from the langstrath inn threatened someone with a knife. ? I always liked it there too. Langstrath inn went up its own arse a bit too with people driving their 4 by 4s there for a meal but none of them interested in walking the fells. there was bound to be a clash. Bell ends at the campsite and then the inn trying to be a posh restaurant rather than a pub. I reckon that's the issue and the farmers had enough. I liked him too, was always a cheery red faced chap with sheep dogs on his quad bike.