Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Glad you enjoyed it. We've been there three times now. Great vet too in Brissac for final passport formalities if you've got a dog.

Thank you, we'll definitely return too. The vet in Brissac was on holiday unfortunately. Reception recommended another vet not far from Loire bridge into Angers, easy to park and very nice.

how about this. zoom in on the pic to see my camp
location is orkney islands mainland near kitchener memorial

On arrival at a site in Ardmair, on the North Coast 500. Nice view across the bay, it was even better when the sun came out. (Which didn't happen a lot during the trip!)

View attachment 24560

Making coffee in the morning.

View attachment 24561
just did nc500 too. if it makes you feel better the rain was a constant presence to the point I nearly gave in anDoncaster came home

just did nc500 too. if it makes you feel better the rain was a constant presence to the point I nearly gave in anDoncaster came home
We saw most of the sights through our windscreen wipers too. We had planned a leisurely trip of 16 days but due to the heavy rain and high winds we didn't stop to do the walking and cycling we had hoped to do. We just quickened up the route and were back home after 11 days. We enjoyed it but it felt more like an autumn/winter holiday that one in the summer. We used our heater for a few minutes on a couple of evenings as the temperature really dropped. We did manage to get just a couple of good days when the sun came out for a while.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_4823.JPG

Sorry for spamming, but I am just running thru all the pics from our summer trip (so there might come more) - this is the view on Millstätter See in Austria. We went by on our way back from Croatia after a recommendation from a very sweet Family from Switzerland we meet. It is a stunning picturesque area.

We were at Newport Sands in April in an unseasonal bout of good weather. It was completely wonderful.View attachment 24829
We walked from the site to Dinas Head and half way through the walk got caught in an awful storm (which hadn't been forecast) and walked back to Cali in near horizontal rain!

We walked from the site to Dinas Head and half way through the walk got caught in an awful storm (which hadn't been forecast) and walked back to Cali in near horizontal rain!
We did that walk too - beautiful view of the stunning coastline. We were lucky - it was breezy but very sunny. We were accompanied by a friendly three-legged dog up and back. When we got back to the beach, he adopted a French family. No idea where he came from! We were very lucky with the weather.

We're looking forward to retirement (or close - boy going off to uni in Sept) so we can tootle off in the van at will. Summer weather in the UK is so unreliable, isn't it? My husband works for himself so can sometimes just turn the computer off and disappear for a couple of days (well, of course the phone/email is always on ...), so if we come across a good weather forecast we'll just be able to take off - life will get much, much better.

The weather was certainly unreliable last week - it went from hot and sunny one day to cold and wet the next! It would be lovely to just head off whenever the sun's out - retirement is creeping nearer!

We did that walk too - beautiful view of the stunning coastline. We were lucky - it was breezy but very sunny. We were accompanied by a friendly three-legged dog up and back. When we got back to the beach, he adopted a French family. No idea where he came from! We were very lucky with the weather.

We're looking forward to retirement (or close - boy going off to uni in Sept) so we can tootle off in the van at will. Summer weather in the UK is so unreliable, isn't it? My husband works for himself so can sometimes just turn the computer off and disappear for a couple of days (well, of course the phone/email is always on ...), so if we come across a good weather forecast we'll just be able to take off - life will get much, much better.
Like you Verity I have the feeling we will be weather chasers!

cdca273a459eddffd3f537390ec314ae.jpg

Lake Zug

3981F25C-4C86-48EA-BE49-4FA23D191591.JPG Set up in the camping field at the British Superbike round at Cadwell Park on last Thursday evening ready for 4 days off grid for the first time with solar panel. Solar panel from Roger at Solar Camper Solutions worked perfectly including powering the auxiliary beer fridge!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_4519.JPG First morning ever in "Gracie" in the new Forest

Silent morning in Croatia … The Southern tip of Island Brac and Mainland in the horizon.

IMG_5541 2.JPG