Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Her genes have certainly rubbed off on me .

View attachment 25275[/QUOTE]
Love her! I would love to take my mum out and about in my van, but she can't leave my mad old dad. I do get her out on an exciting trip to Tesco from time to time though. To see her skipping (yes, skipping) up and down Tesco's aisles is a thing to behold, all 82 years young and about 6 and a half stone of her .....!

With my Son deciding to return to the USA the impromptu trip "oop Norf" to visit Mum in a Saddleworth nursing home had to take place.

She's 94, immobile and can't speak due to strokes, but the old girl still has all her marbles. Always a wanderer and explorer she adores Albert and going about in him. Her genes have certainly rubbed off on me .

View attachment 25275
Just wonderful we bought Gracie with the money my dad left me. He had had a stroke too and would gave absolutely loved coming out in her. He was a world traveller, runs in the genes!

With my Son deciding to return to the USA the impromptu trip "oop Norf" to visit Mum in a Saddleworth nursing home had to take place.

She's 94, immobile and can't speak due to strokes, but the old girl still has all her marbles. Always a wanderer and explorer she adores Albert and going about in him. Her genes have certainly rubbed off on me .

View attachment 25275

Oh I'm from Oldham. Fabulous smile. She reminds me of my Nan. She died a long time ago and would have loved my camper van too.

Should we go for a "granny in the Cali " tread....? ;)

Btw @Tollerk , why did you mirorred your picture ? Wardrobe is on the wrong side...

Do you guys have a step for the van? My mum is only 84 but struggling to get her in the van.

Do you guys have a step for the van? My mum is only 84 but struggling to get her in the van.
I bought this one:
http://www.towsure.com/milenco-mgi-double-plastic-step
to get my very cronky dad into the van for hospital visits. We brought the back seat forward so he could grab the sides of the van and scoot round into the back seat. It took a bit of perfecting, but now we know how to get him in and out it has made hospital visits a lot easier.

Some road in the Swiss alps
fd1da2a2e72f16b44c435fd35e32a6cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Should we go for a "granny in the Cali " tread....? ;)

Btw @Tollerk , why did you mirorred your picture ? Wardrobe is on the wrong side...
Hi good spot ...... total mistery to me ..... granddaughter and grandmother selfie .... tech is not a strong point (dispite working for IBM for 40+ years )

In Varberg for a two night stop.
i-DC7rSDJ-XL.jpg

Among the great whites. Sometimes I get tired if all the comments about our Cali. Yesterday a couple came by to have a look. The guy was impressed but the lady not so much pointing at our children: isn’t it cold up there?! What new crap they come up with!!

i-PQ9K4JJ-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Have my 85 yr young MIL this week, we are hoping to use the "tool" box as a step, will let you know how we got on

What's up...???
Not usually what you expect on this page. But imagine having a 19month old with vomiting and sickness.
The first 48hrs of this Northern Spain trip has been an absolute nightmare...!!!

IMG_6096.JPG

It's slowly improving.

IMG_6123.JPG

2017-09-03 15.16.18.jpg

Sunday at the Beach (with the Ocean). Surfs up in a light breeze, and one of the rare sunny days in 2017 is consumed …

What's up...???
Not usually what you expect on this page. But imagine having a 19month old with vomiting and sickness.
The first 48hrs of this Northern Spain trip has been an absolute nightmare...!!!

View attachment 25412

It's slowly improving.

View attachment 25413

So sorry. Hope your toddler is getting better.

We loving Spain,despite carrying our eldest westie this afternoon. Poorly Paw perro.

Hi good spot ...... total mistery to me ..... granddaughter and grandmother selfie .... tech is not a strong point (dispite working for IBM for 40+ years )
@Tollerk , I worked for IBM too, about 10 yrs , people always assumed I could fix their laptop / software issues !

Mrs B