Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

What's up...???
Not usually what you expect on this page. But imagine having a 19month old with vomiting and sickness.
The first 48hrs of this Northern Spain trip has been an absolute nightmare...!!!

View attachment 25412

It's slowly improving.

View attachment 25413
My son had a vomiting bug when he was about 19 mths. Naturally his father was abroad working and we had just moved to a part of the country where I knew no-one. We used every single piece of bedding and every towel and he had lobbed up on every carpet. In the end, we slept on the bathroom floor as I could lift him up over the bath every time he puked and it was easier to clean. I swear the house stank of puke for months. Happy days :eek:

Verity sounds terrible.
The van did pong a bit and our first camp site was terrible. Campers raving until 12pm and the clubs from town blasting out music until 6am. Just unbelievable...!!!
So we threw in the towel and headed for a hotel. Bit easier having things like a bath etc.
Managed to reset now, our gear has been washed and sorted and everyone is back to normal, heading for a new camp tomorrow.

Verity sounds terrible.
The van did pong a bit and our first camp site was terrible. Campers raving until 12pm and the clubs from town blasting out music until 6am. Just unbelievable...!!!
So we threw in the towel and headed for a hotel. Bit easier having things like a bath etc.
Managed to reset now, our gear has been washed and sorted and everyone is back to normal, heading for a new camp tomorrow.
So pleased things are better. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Verity sounds terrible.
Pleased to hear that he's on the mend...

That looks like the glacier that you can see from the Mercure hotel carpark in Chamonix by the Mont Blanc tunnel?
Car Park just as you come out of the tunnel, French side :)

IMG_4627.JPG IMG_4626.JPG Gracie's first trip to the beach and MIL's first trip out....used the tool box as a step for her

Back in the Alps again.
Parked up in a lovely quiet free aire in Saint Etienne de Tinee.
IMG_20170909_193313575.jpg
Came up from Genoa on the A6 autostrada which goes finally to Turin. Incredible driving road, the engineering is amazing through the mountains, constant tunnels, viaducts and cut out of the mountainsides.
Then over the Col de la Lombarde (7710ft) back into France. Rubbish weather but a fabulous drive. The road on the Italian side is great, single track to the top and then it gets wider as it drops down to the Isola 2000 ski area on the French side.
IMG_20170909_173510015.jpg

A quick weekend break with our daughter, son in law and grandson 20170910_111405.jpg

Can we close this thread down please?
At least until I've got my California.....
I'm trying so hard to be patient and this is really not helping :headbang

Actually go on then I can take it and there are some great pics.....:thumb

Heading out of the mountains towards the coast today via three cols.
Highlight is the Col de Bonnette, allegedly the highest road in Europe although opinion varies. Weather great again, stunning scenery. Display showed four degrees but fair amount of wind-chill so probably around freezing. Fresh snow in places and the council trucks all have snow ploughs on.

IMG_20170910_120254353_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170910_115211891_HDR.jpg

Now toasty on another 15euro site on the way to Nice.
IMG_20170910_191846684.jpg
Met a French guy who says there is a minibus trip round the Monaco GP circuit so going to see if we can find it tomorrow. Don't fancy it in the Cali.
Edit. sunset just appeared at the campsite.
IMG_20170910_195544039_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
@briwy , did half of the Monaco F1 circuit by foot ....+ raceweekend...afther free practice .
Strange sight with all the metal barriers and curbs in place !
Went to see the GP there three times .
Witch circuits you have stickerd on your Cali ?
Edit : also walked the whole Francorchamps circiut once ....long walk and very steep climb up Eau-Rouge!

Last edited:
Would love to see it sometime Wim.
Currently, Silverstone (of course), Motorland, Magny Cours, Donington Park, Le Man's, Pau, Jerez (no stickers available)