Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Up north winter is coming fast. Thankfully it also mean aurora season! Yay!
4acf6030a6413e78bd6842a75bc6cc0b.jpg
eb2d28dd2f5d7c77b7c5c58e26267361.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Three hours to docking in Portsmouth.
From the Bilbao ferry.
Van's on the open deck covered in salt spray☹️
IMG_20171005_182116184_HDR.jpg

Hi Sad. I forgot you are in Bridport. Its a very nice part of the world. Spent the weekend at Highlands End which has amazing views over the Dorset coast. I am sure we will be back in this area soon.

Reactions: Sad

Just completed a tour or Europe - some European sites give you a massive pitch so we went into big mode - with Cali Awning and Vango Awnings :)

This was in Frejus in the South of France
We did the same in Sarlat....felt like it was a huge set up...so much space!!

You're having better weather than we did in Lansallos at the beginning of September!

Nice site.

@Tony Beretta , nice !
Your litlle girl did a great effort in drawing the Cali way of life with the table&chairs included .....:thumb

Stopped here overnight, the barrier locks from 6pm, thru o 9:30 next morning..... Which is good as it keeps the car-park nice an quiet overnight. The Beach-Walk and Nature Reserve are also, great....

IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2649.JPG

Last edited:
After a lovely afternoon in Wisley, we went to Chertsey campsite for our first overnight in the Bristol Belle II.
We were given a great pitch next to 2 other Californias with a magnificant view of the Chertsey bridge.
P1050118.JPG P1050131.JPG P1050142a.JPG
Then on to Kent to meet our good friends Paul & Paddy (aka Borris). A splendid tour of the area in the wild weather and a night on a campsite in Sandwich. The ferries were looking for a gap in the wind and rain before making a dash for the harbour. Very spectacular weather.
P1050143 (8).jpg
P1050155.JPG P1050166 (2).jpg P1050161.JPG

Last edited:
VERY nice.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

the blog looks fantastic, this is what i eventually intend to do also (although not as far or for as long!) until my son James eventually goes to school. Hes 14 months at the moment and i intend to make maximum use of the cali, which leads me onto my next question....

Your trip will will be exerting maximum use of your VW, so how is it fairing up? any troubles with it along the way, things failing, breaking, wear and tear? im sure VW would love to see your blog also as a testament to how good these machines really are! and...

I can see you have a tent attached to your awning, does it work OK and how does it fair up in moderate/high winds? also what is the make, looks like a Vango?

Day 42 Nordcapp - there are a lot of bikes and luggage an your bike carrier, im looking at getting a carrier in the future so im assuming that the rear door can hold up a fair amount of weight hinged on the rack?

Thanks, Paul.