Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Your trip will will be exerting maximum use of your VW, so how is it fairing up? any troubles with it along the way, things failing, breaking, wear and tear?
Three minor problems:
1. Seat belt clip trapped in bench seat and destroyed - fixed 5 days later in Krakow, Poland ~£30 labour + ~£30 parts. VW service exceptional. I didn't make a warranty claim as I felt it was equivalent to trapping bellows in the roof, my own fault.
2. Van ahead rolling back into me at red traffic lights, at Swidnica, Poland, knocking out radar (adaptive cruise control), knocking off front number plate and, allegedly, damaging paint on front bumper. Number plate put back on foc by VW Swidnica, radar and front bumper repaired on our return to U.K. for family event at end of August ~£700 insurance claim (£550 excess paid by me until liability agreed, if ever, by other party).
3. Loose door handle, probably caused by 3 year old repeatedly trying to open it. Fixed under warranty without question by VW Gijon.

I can see you have a tent attached to your awning, does it work OK and how does it fair up in moderate/high winds? also what is the make, looks like a Vango?
Vango Kela III low. Perfect for us, but very bulky. Fixes beautifully to the wind out awning which can be out as much or as little as you like. If fully or mostly wound in, the tent is firmly anchored to the van. Rainwater will pool on the wind out awning which can be quite alarming, so you need some method to mitigate - see below.

Day 42 Nordcapp - there are a lot of bikes and luggage an your bike carrier, im looking at getting a carrier in the future so im assuming that the rear door can hold up a fair amount of weight hinged on the rack?
I have no concern over the strength of the hinges, but the tailgate needs a prop to support it. I bought a telescopic boat cover prop from Italy at vast expense which is perfect for the job. It also doubles up as a wind out awning support, see above.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Nah not here. Better one closeby :) with access to the sea. This one had too many cars.
Bad timing ...we where there all allone , very nice and quiet!

fffef49bc836246208abf97fe54647a2.jpg

Oxwich Beach on the Gower, South Wales. Fantastic spot to park and enjoy the view and the beach. £4 to access the beachfront parking - worth every penny.

e1f2294175b8bd4bc3de0eb562fffe16.jpg

7abd5fff3fdd358cf68e721d0acb93fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appledore, North Devon.

Happened to be the town's fireworks display and we received such a warm welcome at the Beaver Inn.

App1.jpg

Polzeath, Cornwall.

Polz1.jpg