Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

As long as you close it before you drive away, it’s easy to forget it’s open!

What is that green cover you have on your bellows?

I made it myself and since I have options to produce something like that when it is refined a bit I probably will sell them. I do not like the full cover tops because of the bulk. This is only 450grams and the packing is not more than a bottle of milk. Would you be interested in anything like this (I mean the solution - not buying)

I made it myself and since I have options to produce something like that when it is refined a bit I probably will sell them. I do not like the full cover tops because of the bulk. This is only 450grams and the packing is not more than a bottle of milk. Would you be interested in anything like this (I mean the solution - not buying)
I’ve got both inner and outer toppers and both of them are made from heavier material than I expected. I originally thought they would be similar to lightweight tent material. The only one I use is the internal one which stays in place and it does fine, but I will try to find the thread @hotel california mentioned.

Just really needed to chill after work today so drove literally 3 miles down the road to one of the local parks where I used to play when I was growing up. It's nothing special or particularly stunning but I sat and watched the world go by and I enjoyed it thanks to the Cali.
Would never have done this in my previous vehicles.
IMG_5009.JPG

Are you loaded with hard won Spanish plunder for the way home? Looks like maybe several hundred kgs of bullion in the back??
Air suspension??

Air suspension??
Yes, lovely and level.
Spanish and French plunder will be involved at some stage though
BTW, some really bad floods in France at the mo, rivers here in the Pyrenees are unbelievable. Combination of lot of snow still melting and days of rain
IMG_20180613_170604261.jpg

Yes, lovely and level.
Spanish and French plunder will be involved at some stage though
BTW, some really bad floods in France at the mo, rivers here in the Pyrenees are unbelievable. Combination of lot of snow still melting and days of rain
View attachment 34252

My 75y old mom is leaving tomorrowmorning to Lourdes(organised group travel) and the travelagent called yesterday to warn the trip may be cancelled but today they gave the green light , they can go .
Seems there was quite a flood !
Must go that way one day , been 35y since i was in the Pyrenees , spent a christmas in( La ?) Gourette once , snowed in ...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: RFH
Yes Wim. The grotto was flooded again.
We were there last week and the river was very high then so not surprised it was flooded. Situation seems to have got better the last few days as it's stopped raining. Hope she has a good trip.

I was at the Devon Meet over the weekend, and this was the view from the back of our Cali.
P1000275.JPG
I'll put some more pictures on the Devon Meet page when I get a chance. 29 Calis there in all, plus a lady in the next field with a California who was astonished to see so many around her.
She hadn't heard of the Forum, but was very keen to learn more so joined up over the weekend.
Simon

Last edited: