Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

The lengths some people go to just to get ice for the G&T
Well after a refusal to sell us alcohol yesterday it just seemed right. To the glacier for the ice and the hills for the juniper berries (well bilburies actually!). Best we could do ;)

Our weekend was great fun
06f4b0912c5c632020f56c51e2136550.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/BmskV6Pn_l0/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Saturday and Sunday night location in Hotel California.

What a great position our hotel had during our two night spur of the moment excursion to the Isle of Skye at the weekend, overlooking Dunscaith Castle (where we were married two years ago) and the glorious Black Cuillin mountains in the far distance
1f642.png

Roof up, windscreen cover on, front door open and a view to die for, magical :)

2048 JDP logo gilbert dunscaith castle skye IMG_2776.png

The Beara Peninsula in The South West of Ireland & along the Wild Atlantic Way. Stunning countryside & views. Took the 7 minute trip over to Dursey Island on Ireland’s only cable car.
Loads of VWs touring this part of the world, great to see!

5CE40FD4-AD8C-42CD-93BB-36A8BD5D1964.jpeg

3906DF7F-AE04-4CD4-AB31-939AA63D74C4.jpeg

Walking in the peak district - Castleton.

The Cali is down the bottom there some where :talktothehand
The shear size and gradient is a little lost in the photo's though.

View attachment 36904

View attachment 36905

We were up there in March. The first time I had been back since my college days at Sheffield in 1975. I was amazed that the Mam Tor road over the top had been abandoned finally and all traffic was going up the Winnats Pass, a tiny little road that in 1975 was virtually single track.
Lovely area, brought back a lot of happy memories. Thank you for the photo.

Is this a particular camping site or are you wild? It looks lovely?
Hi Melanie,
Actually the campsite was Castleton C&MC but photo was a few minutes away. There is also a small CL even closer.
Only a few minutes walk from vamp to the bottom of the valley and you hit on the small village at the bottom and head your way up there. The view I posted was on the way back down.

Last edited:
Stunning countryside & views. Took the 7 minute trip over to Dursey Island on Ireland’s only cable car.
Loads of VWs touring this part of the world, great to see!

I loved the little bottles holy water in the gondola when we crossed to Dursey gave us all confidence!

I was amazed that the Mam Tor road over the top had been abandoned finally and all traffic was going up the Winnats Pass, a tiny little road that in 1975 was virtually single track.
Lovely area, brought back a lot of happy memories. Thank you for the photo.
Ah yes Winnats Pass
IMG_0412.JPG

Last edited:
I loved the little bottles holy water in the gondola when we crossed to Dursey gave us all confidence!

When we crossed a couple of years ago the gondola was full. 8 adults and 6 children. I pointed this out to the organiser as it said "safe working load 8 adults" and he replied "it's alright the children don't count because they travel free".

Hi Damen, lovely photos of Sustenpass. We are in Lake Maggiore and thinkinofdiverting on way home via Sustenpass. Would you say it is worth doing and is there anything else nearby that you have done / stayed at to recommend? Cheers Ian
Hi Ian. We were travelling through from a campsite in Brienz, Switzerland to Lake Garda. We didn’t stop in the area around Sustenpass other than to take photos and buy toilet paper . Definitely worth the trip though