Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Nice.

Now I need to find a site in Bath the other end of the Bristol Bath cycle trail. Mrs Amarillo can drive support while the boys and I cycle the trail.
We were there today @Amarillo for the Bristol festival, would have been nice to catch up. All four of us even stealth camped in Bristol centre last night. Fantastic adventure and day out, Bristol is bursting with excitement and now enroute to Cornwall!!! :thumb

Freshwater West.
e1da23d1eae43fe5f845d9ee1572b3c5.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

View of Bristol harbour festival with little Robin keeping watch whilst drying sons shoes. Very lucky to get this parking spot, 2 min wall away to cent. Festival was all free to enter. Amazing day!!! Thank you Bristol for all the hard work you must have done in the background!!!
20190720_170221.jpg

Nice.

Now I need to find a site in Bath the other end of the Bristol Bath cycle trail. Mrs Amarillo can drive support while the boys and I cycle the trail.

There are quite a few around the Bath end of the path some mainly for caravans. Don't forget to look at the Two Tunnels Path https://www.sustrans.org.uk/find-a-route-on-the-national-cycle-network/bath-two-tunnels-circuit/ which is a relatively new extension. It goes up the old S&D railway line near Sainsburys in Bath, through two well lit tunnels. You then turn left and cycle down some quiet rural lanes, ending up on the Kennet & Avon Canal and cycle back to the start near Sainsburys again. The canal boats on the Bath part have ice creams, coffee, cakes for sale and there was a bookshop when I last cycled it. It's about the same distance as the Bristol to Bath path, but much more varied and it's a circular route.
Simon

A few pictures of the Two Tunnels circuit might tempt you. The first pictures were taken on the opening day and I had to select them so they weren't crowded. The last few on the canal were a more typical day.
DSCF6010.JPGDSCF6051.JPGDSCF6064.JPGDSCF6072.JPGDSCF6081.JPG

DSCF9198.JPG

DSCF9199.JPG

DSCF9203.JPG

Last edited:
Signed. Another case of the few spoiling it for the many?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The Castle Arrrgh!!

a0918257c8de23c283902b7179466b71.jpg

...and somewhere up the Glencoe

6d9ef249142972403e32e7c2dde6d10e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where did you hubcaps go? (i'm thinking about getting those wheels but was a bit worried the centre bits my get poinched....)

where did you hubcaps go? (i'm thinking about getting those wheels but was a bit worried the centre bits my get poinched....)

I left them at home! I also didn’t want them pinched, but mostly they’re a pain to clean and I like the white look with little blue VW center caps.

With this amazing weather my grapevine is going mad. I’m sure if I watched it for a few minutes I would be able to see it grow! In the last week it has grown over the garden wall and attached itself to the back of the van. I will have to get the secateurs out and give it a trim.

With this amazing weather my grapevine is going mad. I’m sure if I watched it for a few minutes I would be able to see it grow! In the last week it has grown over the garden wall and attached itself to the back of the van. I will have to get the secateurs out and give it a trim.
I had attached photographs but they have disappeared.
30F3335E-F3A1-440B-A766-4EDBF2075E1F.jpeg

Whipsnade Zoo was quiet today. Definitely one for the school hols if the children are driving you nuts. Pay an extra £25 to take the car in but a fantastic view for a picnic near the penguin enclosure and a good 6 hour+ day out! I’ve got HD anti roll bars so I was surprised I still have so many double chins .
8119580cba304bf97709d79a0be142c3.jpg
c3762090ce2794393184326cab32b390.jpg
5549b3ff24292ef1c599ea9f45f00ebe.jpg
7790a09c11be835b9d9867a00a6b2952.jpg

A day on the beach at Ringstead. Worth the £5 parking fee
5fc7460ecaf537bfcd77855e90f0e860.jpg

Got sun cream everywhere, including camera lens. How hard is it to get off paintwork!!!

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

A day on the beach at Ringstead. Worth the £5 parking fee
5fc7460ecaf537bfcd77855e90f0e860.jpg

Got sun cream everywhere, including camera lens. How hard is it to get off paintwork!!!

If you ‘google’ I think I read that you can remove suncream from carpaint but it involves orange peel and a pencil eraser (I kid you not). Something to do with Titanium Dioxide in the suncream.

Not completely convinced but I’ll try it, thanks.

The alternative is to polish the whole van with sun cream, I suppose...

If you ‘google’ I think I read that you can remove suncream from carpaint but it involves orange peel and a pencil eraser (I kid you not). Something to do with Titanium Dioxide in the suncream.

Yep. This works. Tried all sorts until I saw a YouTube clip - plenty on there. Simple and effective.