Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

c9325a197664c92781cee5765cc90ae2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordale Scar Campsite. Very very basic campsite ... but worth the view and the fact that it is "park anywhere you can find place". Best to be self-sufficient as the amenities are very very basic/non existent. But at £5pp/night ...

View attachment 81977

Love that place, owner is a bit unique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordale Scar Campsite. Very very basic campsite ... but worth the view and the fact that it is "park anywhere you can find place". Best to be self-sufficient as the amenities are very very basic/non existent. But at £5pp/night ...

View attachment 81977
And the home made pies at the Lister Arms are tremendous :)

98c79a49ba7073a3e07928e94e522c94.jpg

Looks like my night lapse caught a shooting star at River Dart Country Park this week. Despite a LOT of rain, we had a LOT of fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice shot @s2bear - what camera settings did you use and how long was the exposure? Did you use a ND filter?

No more free parking and no overnighters at Meon Shore from 1st April 2021 - £1 per hour £6 all day

z.jpgx.jpgv.jpg

Nice shot @s2bear - what camera settings did you use and how long was the exposure? Did you use a ND filter?

Thanks!

It was very complicated. I had to drink several beers and quite a lot of red wine. Then I left my GoPro Hero 7 on ‘night lapse photo’ near a rubber dinghy which I subsequently fell over. (I think I set it on a 30 second exposure every minute). I was lucky to get this, mainly because I actually forgot I’d done it until someone’s child said ‘who’s camera is this?’ At about 10 the next day.

It took 138 frames in all and I wanted to put them together to make a vid, or overlay them for star trails - the Hero 7 can only do Night Lapse photos - I have a Hero 9 which does video and that’s much better. I’m no photographer tbh and often use ‘presets’ so I need to read up on which settings to change so I can see the stars more clearly without getting too much ‘noise’. I’ve just googled ND Filter and I’m wondering if I can get one for the GoPro - I also have an old Nikon D90 which I’m sure I’ll be able to get one for but it often isn’t with me as it’s quite bulky.

I do love this kind of thing but as I live in London there’s too much light all of the time. Invariably, when I do do it, I’m camping. I took a lapse video of the moon rising on the following night but I don’t think I can add vids here. Stu

I have been wondering over the last day or so whether we need to switch to 'night shifts' so we travel and sight see at night and sleep in the van during the day - would get around all the 'no overnight sleeping/camping' problems?
Well I think this is a brilliant idea.

Thanks!

It was very complicated. I had to drink several beers and quite a lot of red wine. Then I left my GoPro Hero 7 on ‘night lapse photo’ near a rubber dinghy which I subsequently fell over. (I think I set it on a 30 second exposure every minute). I was lucky to get this, mainly because I actually forgot I’d done it until someone’s child said ‘who’s camera is this?’ At about 10 the next day.

It took 138 frames in all and I wanted to put them together to make a vid, or overlay them for star trails - the Hero 7 can only do Night Lapse photos - I have a Hero 9 which does video and that’s much better. I’m no photographer tbh and often use ‘presets’ so I need to read up on which settings to change so I can see the stars more clearly without getting too much ‘noise’. I’ve just googled ND Filter and I’m wondering if I can get one for the GoPro - I also have an old Nikon D90 which I’m sure I’ll be able to get one for but it often isn’t with me as it’s quite bulky.

I do love this kind of thing but as I live in London there’s too much light all of the time. Invariably, when I do do it, I’m camping. I took a lapse video of the moon rising on the following night but I don’t think I can add vids here. Stu

All the best photographers take a lot of time in the prep for a perfect shot, sounds like you did an outstanding amount of prep work :cheers