Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Wow
Viva l’Italia!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Decent swell running at the weekend. Portballintrae, County Antrim.
3eb076e3dc570213e40b7f9a8514a053.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

A few pics of the new to me little kombi camper, a bit smaller than the joker and a lot cheaper.
Luckily has a diesel heater!
Managed a week in it New forest, lakes, and Peebles/Moffat great for stealth park ups.
Nearly went for a beach but needed 4motion it’s a shame they dont sell them in the uk
EBEA9D94-31BE-49EF-B889-601D299E31B2.jpegBC1FDAEF-8D1C-4771-A8B2-791C5516D3AB.jpegDE3D4F8F-2FE1-4DAC-ACBC-78B1D51B8A23.jpeg

Last edited:
Pleased to be back with a T6, decided I prefer it over T6.1
Only things I liked more on T6.1 was the steering wheel plus the position of the electric window switches.
To many annoying gadgets, that dash is awful, and fuel pump priming all the time!
I like driving defenders so will always prefer the more van like feel of a T6 and I can dust off my CDs again:thumb

Only things I liked more on T6.1 was the steering wheel plus the position of the electric window switches.
To many annoying gadgets, that dash is awful, and fuel pump priming all the time!
I like driving defenders so will always prefer the more van like feel of a T6 and I can dust off my CDs again:thumb
I remember watching the YouTube channel California time's comparison and thinking the T6 seems better and the 6.1 almost a backward step. Not sure the habitation control system is better, prefer the simple T6 version.

I remember watching the YouTube channel California time's comparison and thinking the T6 seems better and the 6.1 almost a backward step. Not sure the habitation control system is better, prefer the simple T6 version.
If you come from driving posh cars then the t6.1 will feel better to drive over T6 and you will love them gadgets.
I’ve driven vans or pickups pretty much all my life and prefer a van to feel like a van.
I liked the simple controls on t6 habitation and would be a little worried about a posh display that close to a cold spot (windscreen), use to find moisture in my old Cali controller but it never effected the display or operation.

You should have gone for a defender 110 poptop camper 200tdi or 300

A few pics of the new to me little kombi camper, a bit smaller than the joker and a lot cheaper.
Luckily has a diesel heater!
Managed a week in it New forest, lakes, and Peebles/Moffat great for stealth park ups.
Nearly went for a beach but needed 4motion it’s a shame they dont sell them in the uk
View attachment 102855View attachment 102853View attachment 102854

That's a surprise, as I always associated you with a 4x4 Joker.

you mention a " little kombi camper". Is that a conversion or is that a 7 seat transporter. I agree, a very flexible vehicle. One of the constraints that we face with the Cali is when there are more than 4 people (very rarely though), then it is using 2 cars for journeys.

You may have already thought about or started thinking about some customizations for it.

The only advantage I saw with the T6.1 was the electric power steering. Does enable some advanced features better such as lane keep assist etc, but yeah, I too, for some reasons, like the feel of the T6 better.

Enjoy and hope to see more pictures of The Blue Merle and Zeb and of your adventures.

That's a surprise, as I always associated you with a 4x4 Joker.

you mention a " little kombi camper". Is that a conversion or is that a 7 seat transporter. I agree, a very flexible vehicle. One of the constraints that we face with the Cali is when there are more than 4 people (very rarely though), then it is using 2 cars for journeys.

You may have already thought about or started thinking about some customizations for it.

The only advantage I saw with the T6.1 was the electric power steering. Does enable some advanced features better such as lane keep assist etc, but yeah, I too, for some reasons, like the feel of the T6 better.

Enjoy and hope to see more pictures of The Blue Merle and Zeb and of your adventures.
Yep I’ve had two jokers over 4 1/2yrs and who knows may get another one day.

Its a VW kombi has factory side windows and a 3seater in the back with captain seats up front.
The previous owner had a leisure bat with couple of 12v sockets and a parcel shelve bed frame that is at the same height when the back of the rear bench seat is folded over it self.

I’ve had a parking heater fitted and ordered some vanshade thermal built in blinds for twin sliding doors and a triple fold mattress if it ever turns up with the snow and strikes.
Have a front runner half rack to fit too.
Won’t go to crazy with stuff as may look into a MAN/crafter self build.
Hoping I can make the kombi work, unfortunately I had to settle for SWB as LWB kombi 4motions are nearly as rare as jokers and same price!

Looked at T6 cali 4motions and they were an extra £20k plus! Didn’t want a pop top that’s electric
I’m not keen on having any diesel van that’s £80-£100k price of new cali and jokers are crazy and think there’s going to be a big drop in diesel vehicles in the next 5yrs (maybe I’ll be wrong as tend to be with most things did just predict Brazil to win World Cup!).
I’m not knocking anyone who’s bought one, I’m in my 40s so need my funds to tide me over a lot longer hopefully.

Will pop some pics up once bits are here.
The blue Merle is Zebedee not the van that’s his breed blue Merle border collie:upsidedown

Has anybody walked Hergest Ridge? If so, any recommendations on campsites etc?