Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from the Cali

107f2c864ed87e70b5eb59b8a2722c27.jpg

Bucketride Bikecamp in Treuchtlingen Germany: Nice trailcenter for all levels!

Heading home, it is getting too warm in Spain, glad we are leaving. (sorry about picture quality)
The sea was really calm, best crossing we have had, food good too.

1652779424537.png

Was the ship named the Mary Celeste
We were one of the first on and the deck we were on was not very full. We were very lucky as we were off quickly as well, docked at18:30 we left the port at 18:45.

Just for a brief moment this was the view from the side window. No place safe to park - so stop for a few seconds and snap away. Arguably the most famous tree in the UK. Even Kevin Kostner has been here...
IMG_3384A_PainterlyAS.jpg

I would say that accolade goes to Major Oak
I would respectfully disagree. Major Oak is a truly fine tree but the most well known and photographed and filmed? I will stick with my much smaller and younger sycamore. ;)

Those wind out awning guys, are they home made or shop bought? If the latter, where from?
The awning guys are self made. Some guy rope and a couple of rock pegs and a couple of awning hooks. Easy and cheap!!

Last edited:
I would say that accolade goes to Major Oak

The Wilberforce Oak:
===
At length, I well remember after a conversation with Mr. Pitt in the open air at the root of an old tree at Holwood, just above the steep descent into the vale of Keston, I resolved to give notice on a fit occasion in the House of Commons of my intention to bring forward the abolition of the slave-trade.
===
C 1788

Queen Elizabeth I Oak

In a romantic moment it is rumoured that Queen Elizabeth was conceived under the oak. Wikipedia more modestly claims Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn “danced” around the tree.

The remains of both oaks can still be seen, but as nether is living perhaps they cannot now be described as trees.

Ok if this becoming old tree top trumps I will submit the Borrowdale Yews which are way over 2000 years old. Most of the trees mentioned before
are/were just young saplings. BTW this photo was NOT taken from my van. Anyone who gets their van up to here deserves a prize or a straight jacket.
;)

The Wilberforce Oak:
===
At length, I well remember after a conversation with Mr. Pitt in the open air at the root of an old tree at Holwood, just above the steep descent into the vale of Keston, I resolved to give notice on a fit occasion in the House of Commons of my intention to bring forward the abolition of the slave-trade.
===
C 1788

Queen Elizabeth I Oak

In a romantic moment it is rumoured that Queen Elizabeth was conceived under the oak. Wikipedia more modestly claims Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn “danced” around the tree.

The remains of both oaks can still be seen, but as nether is living perhaps they cannot now be described as trees.

IMG_3121As.jpg

Last edited:
Ok if this becoming old tree top trumps I will submit the Borrowdale Yews which are way over 2000 years old. Most of the trees mentioned before
are/were just young saplings. BTW this photo was NOT taken from my van. Anyone who gets their van up to here deserves a prize or a straight jacket.
;)

View attachment 97568
The King of Limbs, a 1000 year old oak in Savernake Forest is pretty impressive.

Radiohead's album of the same name is pretty cool too :)

Not going anywhere for a few days but trying to keep the van cool anyway.

4E62D19C-2DF0-4C83-9BB5-B11ED2F6A09E.jpeg

8C609CAF-642E-41DF-A471-86C2CD299F8C.jpeg

Heading to the Chasseral to find cooler dog walking temperatures.
IMG_9611.jpeg

All impressive trees but none mentioned are on the Woodland Trust's Tree of The Year. How is their shortlist for voters determined, especially as the winner goes on to represent the U.K. in Europe?

Back