Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Viewing forum on Android Tapatalk

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone updated Tapatalk on an Android phone?

What do you think of this update?

Yes I have and don't particularly like it to be honest. The list of messages is now larger and less easy to read.

Not specific to this forum by the way. Its the same for all forums since the Tapatalk update.

Agree a bit of a pain to use. But to be honest it appears to be par for the course for all of the new style lollipop apps. My podcast app is a similar car crash.

Same here, don't like it. Too much text for each post & can't get it to go directly to our club when launched.

Same here. It's a real mess compared to the last version but am hoping that I get used to it as I doubt they'll change it back.

Mare sure we all review it on Google Play as Tapatalk do monitor it, there are heaps of one stars already.

FWIW It's a backward step all round. The iOS version is equally hamstrung & the paid-for HD (tablet) version has been deleted completely. I swapped iPads recently and can no longer download it, even though I bought it!

Can t get on with the new iOS version at all
I m coming over all Victor Meldrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am completely at sea with new Tapatalk... anyone got a good replacement recommendation for iPhone? Just want to be able to get unread posts and an occasional search.

Likewise, I just want to be able to view unread posts. Anyone know how to do this ?

Ewan said:
Likewise, I just want to be able to view unread posts. Anyone know how to do this ?
I've got 5 icons at the top of the screen on mine, the middle one that looks like a wifi icon is for unread posts. I just flick between this and participated which is the + sign.

Thanks Freeley - I see it now. But it's much harder to quickly scan conversations than it used to be :x

I had an issue with this as the unread posts were not refreshing, but this seems to be fixed now... so seems useable if not great.

I am getting used to it but it is much harder work than the old version.

Some good news, our new website will be built so it is compatiable with both phones and tablets.

Martin said:
I am getting used to it but it is much harder work than the old version.

Some good news, our new website will be built so it is compatiable with both phones and tablets.
That is good news Martin maybe I'll end up going back to that then

Tapa talk does not get good reviews on Google play. A lot of folk finding alternative app.

Can only see 15 thread hedders at a time now. Used to have no limit.