Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tapatalk for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Due to requests from members we have installed TapTalk on the forum, this means you can view the entire forum content via your iPhone, Android or Windows Phone

I have been testing it on both iphone and Adroid today and works very well, we are easy to find just type 'vw california' into search and you will find us.

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing
77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Forum Moderation support:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbb.jpg

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Re: You can now see us on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone

BlackBerry??????

Re: Now see us on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackber

Sorry, yes you are quite right, and Blakberry :)

Using it on Android and works great, excellent app

Now see us on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry

Hi Martin

This is a great implementation. Thanks.

One question - the search is not working for me. Is it just me?

Sorry, should have said - iTouch current generation

Hi Chris and Penney, I have only tested this on Android but I know Steve uses this on his iPhone so hopefully he will be able to assist you.

I can confirm Search is not working on my iPhone 4s with iOS 5 also.

Finds no results for any basic single word search in any setting (posts/topics) such as 'hello' or 'kenwood'

Thanks folks. Ive Googled the problem and found nothing relevant, so a bit of a mystery. Have also found that Taptalk isn't finding anything in my 'participated' tag.

Still, loads of good function even without these working and well worth paying a few pennies for Taptalk to get the mobile forum. I suspect that waiting for an App Store update is the best approach to solving the problem. Equally, I'm happy to try out anything you want tested on the iTouch

Chris

Hi Chris, the 'members online' is missing from the BlackBerry app so I emailed their support and got a reply from a really nice guy in about an hour saying that it would be included in a future update :cool:

Chris

Thanks for letting us know.

I've been seeing the same issues (no search results, no participated posts) on my iPhone and iPad and have been meaning to post a proper bug report to the Tapatalk forum (they sensibly want quite a bit of detail).

Will do that, and post an update here when I have more news...

Shame about these minor issues, as I find the app incredibly helpful otherwise.

Steve

Search and Participated topics issues in Tapatalk

I'm still looking into the problem with Tapatalk's search feature failing to find any posts.
If search doesn't work in your version of Tapatalk, would you mind saying which device you're using (iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry)?

The lack of Participated topics is a known issue, and the lovely Tapatalk folk are already planning on looking into it.

In other news, it looks like there'll be an update to the iPhone/iPad app soon with "over 200 bug fixes and improvements" :)

On my iPad & iPhone, Search & Participated don't work. But also the topics are not listing in most recent order either.

Sorry for not progressing this.
Will try and find time when I get home (been Cali-camping for a week :)

Does the sort order option make any difference to the display?

Steve

BerndRos said:
On my iPad & iPhone, Search & Participated don't work. But also the topics are not listing in most recent order either.

Ditto ....search does not search :-(

I see Steve mentioned this in another post but I am having problems with Tapatalk aswell, on my man PC I can see twelve unread posts, yet on Tapatalk it says there are only two unread posts ! Anyone else with missing posts?

Tapatalk for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry

From what I have notice I get missed posts on my iPhone as well as not being able to search for posts etc ..

Re: Tapatalk for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry

We've just upgraded the forum to use the latest version of Tapatalk, which came out a few days ago.

This appears to have finally solved the issue with both the Participated and Search tabs :thumb

However, do let us know if you still experience any issues... citing the platform you're using (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows) and the version number of the Tapatalk app you've got installed.

Best wishes,
Steve

I may have to delete and re- install as I'm still not able to search on iPhone or iPad

choplee said:
I may have to delete and re- install as I'm still not able to search on iPhone or iPad

Sorry to hear that :-(

It worked straight away (without quitting the app) on mine and Linda's, even without updating to the latest version (1.13.6).

Do let us know if re-installing doesn't cure it.

Out of interest, which version are you using?

Back