Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tapatalk for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry

Re: Tapatalk for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone & Blackberry

Martin, my tapatalk on iPad search worked straight away too. Interesting that it marked about the last 2 weeks posts unread. Very pleased to have search working! Well done.

Search qworking for me too on an iPhone without restarting etc. Thanks.

choplee said:
search now working on my iphone :) :thumb

Yay!

So glad it's working for everyone.
I'm only sorry it's taken me so long to resolve this (though much of that was waiting for a Tapatalk forum plugin update which fixed the problem).
Finding a chunk of hours free has been tricky since we bought our Cali ;-)

Steve

Is there any reason why I'm suddenly getting 50 pages of unread topics on TT on my BB, when about a week ago I got the half dozen or so a day when I looked before??! :crazy :crazy

Although the participated thread search now seems to work :? :?

MickyBlue said:
Is there any reason why I'm suddenly getting 50 pages of unread topics on TT on my BB, when about a week ago I got the half dozen or so a day when I looked before??! :crazy :crazy

Sorry to hear that, Micky :headwall

Are these definitely posts you've read?
I only ask as I've definitely missed a lot of unread posts in the past and I wondered whether the latest forum plugin update has fixed this, and you're just seeing posts that the you may otherwise have missed...

If you mark all topics read, do they come back?

I've checked the Tapatalk forums, and I can't see any problems which match this.

Is anyone else seeing this on Blackberry, or anything else?

Steve

Haven't had time to go through the 50 pages. Some I have def read.

On the BB version I haven't noticed an option to 'mark as read' used to just know when I had. I will have a fumble about again & see.
M

P.S. Also appear to have 50 pages in 'new topics' as well.
P.P.S. TT on this BB works as it should on another forum I use, which has a lot more traffic/new posts etc than this. So I would deduce from that its something to do with the implementation on here.

Went through all 50 pages..no joy

BB version of TT has no 'mark as read' option

Ended up using TT on a mates iPad to mark as read to see what happens on my BB. So it seems to be to do with the TT version for BB.

I have updated it and reinstalled it ... Also with no effect.
E40E.png

I emailed TT re 'mark all as read on a BB & quote "that feature is not available yet" was the response.

The other thing I noticed with the implementation on here compared to another forum is that new posts aren't listed chronologically but alphabetically which compounds things somewhat.

Is this a 'setting' that's easily changed?

Hi, Micky

I'm enjoying free but very flaky wifi on a ferry to the Netherlands at the mo so afraid I can't check the forum settings but one of us will get back to you about that soon.

Sorry I haven't been more helpful but without access to a BB device it's hard to diagnose - and I've been badly short of free time of late :-(

Have you looked on their forum? I did have had a search but couldn't see anything obvious :-(
If you feel comfortable reporting the problems directly onto the TT forum, that'd help them and us. Do let us know if they ask for access to the forum - we have a test account for them.

Best wishes,
Steve

Have just bitten the bullet and paid me 2 quid for tapatalk.
What a difference! Before i was having to resize the screen everytime the page refreshed which was annoying to say the least. Now all my worries are gone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone who has not used Tapatalk for a while I would definitely recommend giving it another go as they have made many improvements over the course of the year and the latest version is virtually bug free, I now use it all the time on both my phone and iPad.

Hi,
I have Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S and although I am very happy with it, I cannot read the "SMG Open Day & Camping Meet" thread. It always comes up with "System Message - The requested topic does not exist". I'm not sure if that is because it is too long (up to 7 pages now), but I think even at about 4 pages it wouldn't work for me. But as I said, a good investment for an iPhone user.
Thanks,
--Nick

Hi Nick, glad you bought this up as announcements still seem to be a bit buggy as it puts them into the wrong category, for example the SMG meet is within 'informal meets' no idea why it is in here! Also you should have a tab at the top of the Tapatalk screen which says 'announce' ?

Hi Martin,
No - I don't have a tab saying announce. Which of the sections along the bottom would I be in for that? I usually go in "Latest" but the others are "Forum", "Search", "Messages", "More"
--Nick

Quick question to the Apple Ipad users; which App should I download? Tapatalk HD for Ipad or the standard Tapatalk App.

Cheers Barry

Hi Barry

Both work fine now with our forum, however I am still using the standard one as the HD one had a few bugs when it first launched which I think have been ironed out now.

Can't get push notifications.

The app say it is not enabled by this forum.
Is it possible to wish for this feature?

Edit:
Using iPad app ver. 1.16.0

Edit2:
I see that they have released Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD.
Is it worth buying one of the upgrades?
Might this be the reason for Push Notifications not working - me not beeing on the latest version?
(Great business idea. Make an new app when enough have bought the old one ...)

Edit3:
Can't even find the push notifications option in the Android app...
Here I can choose how often to check for updates, and that works for this forum as well...

The2rB said:
Can't get push notifications.
The app say it is not enabled by this forum.
Is it possible to wish for this feature?

It is :). We'd held back on updating the website plugin as a recent version caused problems. But there have been a couple of updates since then. We'll upgrade soon, and I'll let you know when you can test it…

The2rB said:
I see that they have released Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD.
Is it worth buying one of the upgrades?
Might this be the reason for Push Notifications not working - me not beeing on the latest version?

I think it's worth upgrading, and if you use this forum (or others) a lot the new apps are much nicer.

Best wishes,
Steve

PS sorry for the late reply – was offline whilst camping for a few days…

Thanks for replying.
Camping is always a good reason for not making a quick response :)
I also respect that you all have other things to do than running a club forum :)

Will wait for the new features, and are ready to test them out.
Running the Tapatalk beta (free) on Android now, and it looks and behaves nicer than the stable version.

If anyone want to test Tapatalk without buying it, the beta version on Android might be a good way to do that, even though it is probably only available for a limited period of time.

I've just upgraded the Tapatalk plugin on our web-server to the latest version (after waiting a couple of weeks so that other people find the bugs before we do!).

Please post here if you spot any problems (I've only been able to test it on iPhone and iPad).

However, I'd forgotten to say in my previous post that we can't support push notifications until we have (a LOT of) time to check whether doing that won't break all of our customisations to the forum.

Sorry for misrepresenting the situation (my flaky memory!) – we'll look into it and see what we can do…

Best wishes,
Steve

I've upgraded the Tapatalk plugin on the forum's server (which allows Tapatalk clients on mobile devices to communicate with the server).

I've tested this on both standard and pro iPhone clients and the iPad 'HD' one and everything seems fine.

As ever, please do let us know (reply here or message me) if you spot any problems on your device…

Thanks,
Steve

Back