Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Membership & Fuse locations

craigt

craigt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi from newbie to this forum. I recently purchased a 2014 cali and I blew the fuse at the weekend for the roof spotlight. Its a flimsy effort of a flexilight, and when dismantled I noted there was next to no tension on the copper strips that hold the lamp in place. (the lamp didn't work and was rattling around in the encasure)
During my 'repair' I blew the fuse, but it takes out all the same lights in the rear accommodation. My issue is that the car doesn't come with the fuse ID/map/table. I've paid the VIP membership and still can't download the fuse tables from this website.

Any assistance on obtaining the fuse tables or have I forgotten to tick something when making the paypal payment?, or what is the 'normal delay' in paying the fee and being able to access the downloads?

many thanks

oh..., mine is a reflex silver 180DSG, bought from Norwich. :hello

Hi Craig welcome you are now a VIP. The fuse chart in the downloads is a general one as vw don't publish individual lists the fuse you need is a 10 amp red one under the passenger seat as you look down from the front of the van on your right

If you go into the downloads section the very first line says PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL USERNAME & PASSWORD CAN BE FOUND IN THE XXXXXX where the xxxx is a link - if you click on that link you will find a special username and password to use for the downloads.

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy. Fantastic. I managed to fathom out that the dodgy fuse should be down there, with the seat half rotated, I noted fuse 18 should be interior lighting according to the charts. Checked this and it was fine. The fuse you mentioned is 21 and does my interior lighting. And was blown. All fully functional once more. :thumb :thanks

Is the fuse table file damaged as it will not download fully for me? All the other files seem to be OK

Hi, the file is fine. It's the information contained within the file that is erroneous. From reading several other posts on the same subject matter, it appears that vw change the fuse allocation very regularly, too often to keep up the literature. This may sound a little dubious, but there are several links and posts that suggest this.

All I can guarantee is that fuse 21 is 10a and it was ruptured. A replacement corrected my faulted interior lights. The details within download suggested fuse 18 was for lighting. It's not on my bus in any case. I'm new to california s but I've owned vw cars for the last 30 years and I've never had such fundamental issues regarding lack of information.