Voice control with voice enhancement

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anyone please advise.
If you have this option on your Cali could you please explain how it works. I don't have this function on my van but am wondering if it would be worth having it retro fitted, if that's possible.

It sounds like the first half of the title refers to voice activation of the radio controls extra. I've had this function on previous vehicles and haven't used it much. When I did, I experienced mixed results. So it isn't really this that interests me. It is the voice enhancement bit that I need. Does this feature amplify the drivers voice in the rear? If it does it might help me to communicate better with the passengers in the rear. I don't mean our grand children who on the whole are too busy bickering to pay any notice to me. It's adult passengers that often find it difficult hearing me so if it does what I think it does, this feature might help.

Also, is this option any good or do you consider it a waste of money?

Any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks.

Yes I have it and it’s brill for talking to people in the back / telling kids off. Comes through the rear speakers.
Many thanks Volkywagen,
That sounds perfect. I am assuming it is a feature that can be activated by the dealer at a cost. Some time ago, I followed the instructions in the hand book to activate and it came up with an instruction to contact the dealer. Has anyone done this? When I spoke to the service manager he hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

I have it to and would agree with @Volkywagen it good for cons to the back
When you turn the volume knob a little box appears for a moment - you click it on the touch screen and it reveals a sound level slider that alters the speaker to rear volume.

I turned ours off because the driver and front passenger can’t have a private conversation and the people in the back kept saying what or laughing. You’ll need a microphone in the roof. I don’t think it can retro fitted without changing the whole unit. Better off buying a PA system!

I turned ours off because the driver and front passenger can’t have a private conversation and the people in the back kept saying what or laughing. You’ll need a microphone in the roof. I don’t think it can retro fitted without changing the whole unit. Better off buying a PA system!
The microphone seems to be already there and I suspect that this facility is already wired into the loom but not activated. The system demands that I see the dealer for that.

I have it to and would agree with @Volkywagen it good for cons to the back
When you turn the volume knob a little box appears for a moment - you click it on the touch screen and it reveals a sound level slider that alters the speaker to rear volume.
I adjust it via the Settings Menu and had never spotted this quick shortcut so thank you for that !

Many thanks Volkywagen,
That sounds perfect. I am assuming it is a feature that can be activated by the dealer at a cost. Some time ago, I followed the instructions in the hand book to activate and it came up with an instruction to contact the dealer. Has anyone done this? When I spoke to the service manager he hadn't a clue what I was talking about.
Most probably. But like most things dealer related, it will cost a fortune.
It might be an idea to either purchase the kit from Vw, and have a set up like skipton car audio fit it for you, or see if they have a system similar, significantly cheaper

Although it has its uses I turn ours off. If you drive with your window open the wind noise in picked up and will drive you mad.

Back