Volkswagen California & Camping With Babies

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I brought my daughter and SIL a Littlelife Cross Country S3 Child Carrier. It come with a sunshade and is adjustable in backpack length to fit rugby playing SIL or Shorter daughter. Comes with insulated bottle pocket, zip on nappy, wet wipe sack and handy mirror on a string to check on the little man. Not as hot as a sling and the sort of luxury grandparents should be pursuaded to buy :)

View attachment 22099
The problem I have is finding a backpack carrier that packs sufficiently small to carry about in the van during an extended tour.

F

Flood51

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The problem I have is finding a backpack carrier that packs sufficiently small to carry about in the van during an extended tour.
Agreed, eventually space does become a problem. We're hitching the Brenderup trailer for this years two week summer break. Rear camera makes reversing easier, but I understand sometime in the 90's they took it off the standard license and there's another test, personally I think it was unwarranted but beaurocracy reigns. :mad:

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Here is one of my dilemmas.
See pic below.

When it was just my wife and I. We would place the Volkswagen coolbox behind the front passenger seat and leave it there through our entire trip.
Now we have the rear seat further forward to allow for more bootspace and the coolbox goes in the boot. However, we can't make the bed downstairs because the multiflex needs to slide back to the rear, but the coolbox already locates in the sliding rail where the multiflex needs to be...???
If it locates in the centre rails, you can't open the fridge in the day, because the multiflex above won't open with my bedding on it and thus cannot open the coolbox.
Following...???

So, we need to rethink where the coolbox lives and possibly invest in a smaller unit.
I did wonder if it's possible to install some kind of sliding rails to the rear to mount the cool box and pull out when we needed to get in to it...?
Along the lines of the slidepods kit, but just for the coolbox.

Just quickly read through the post and thought I would answer my own question.
The solution was a sliding rack. Probably seen it elsewhere on the forum. But so glad we did this...!!!

8185E764-5A33-4851-906E-BFE81CA0AEFF.jpeg

4884E0AC-A15F-46DA-A86E-2FC9EC43608A.jpeg

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
How times fly.
A couple of years later. Now with an Ocean.
Happy with my choices in Holland 2019

C18F7A96-4329-480C-9B9F-0C8E51A29055.jpeg