Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VOLKSWAGEN T1 SAMBA 1966 - For Sale

Maaaaarvelous :) One thing is for sure, in another 20 years those of us still alive will all be asking ourselves why we didn't buy it...

#whatareyouwaitingfor!?
With our American cousins converting them to electric power for approx.$30000 they can go on forever, the only problem is the disastrous crash performance.

Maaaaarvelous :) One thing is for sure, in another 20 years those of us still alive will all be asking ourselves why we didn't buy it...

#whatareyouwaitingfor!?
Very nice indeed.

However, You might well be glad that you hadn't, as many of these early vans seem to self destruct at some point. Just google "VW Camper van on fire" for the a graphic illustration.

Just google "VW Camper van on fire" for the a graphic illustration.

Poor maintenance of a bad design. Rubber fuel lines and some plastic fittings in the engine bay. Many people think those will last forever. They, burst and spray some nicely atomized fuel all over the the headers... Change them every 10 years and you will never have this problem. Having said that, I always carried 2 large fire extinguishers haha

I saw this in a Greek garage.
1451eb46c2efb176d8107d149aaad360.jpg

I wonder how much it is worth in that condition.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Poor maintenance of a bad design. Rubber fuel lines and some plastic fittings in the engine bay. Many people think those will last forever. They, burst and spray some nicely atomized fuel all over the the headers... Change them every 10 years and you will never have this problem. Having said that, I always carried 2 large fire extinguishers haha
Good advice.

Back