Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volksworld March 23-24th

just got back .been there fri sat .its so cold there .no one out side so inside you cant move .carpark a bit muddy .some being towed out .campsite is mud fest .some nice stuff there to see .camper-van tastic were there with lots for sale inside and out .

Thanks for the heads up Martin on what's going on .... Got a Cali full of wheels and maybe when I off load them to my fellow cali members I'll fill up with some other t5 goodies if there is any ;-)

I'm taking a friend with her three year old daughter, are we going to have an issue with mud, getting parked up etc?

James

I went today. Yes, the main car park is getting muddy but otherwise ok. Some stoney/gravel areas to park on. There was no traffic jam getting there, unlike last year. Wonderful display of old VW Campers outside. Spotted a few Californias in the car park too, mostly belonging to Campervantastic who have a stall in the main exhibition hall inside, selling Cobbs etc. Good to see T5 WOB on proud display at the entrance. Also saw a yellow California Beach. Darren Pucer was there too demonstrating his Pucer Screens. Click the link below for a picture gallery.
http://www.esherpeople.co.uk/pictur...course/pictures-18503765-detail/pictures.html

Great trip parked in Esher in a pay and display so missed any queues and also grabbed a Costa to walk in with.

Great cars / vans and display. Still managed to spend a fortune and not buy what i went for!

Great hoody from Cool flo and got my Acsi card from Campervantastic.

Son enjoyed it too even though it was to wet for the bmx's....

Had a good day at the show today. We parked in a school over the back of the racecourse and walked in (it was marked as a show carpark). Pity the campers - very muddy on the back field and flippin cold too. Some great buses on show again this year. Last year I got a sunburned nose at the show; this year frostnip! Don't let it put you off if you are going tomorrow.

We parked in that school carpark!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364111097.103084.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364111121.199839.jpg

Oops! We parked on the blacktop - no getaway snags for us

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear you got stuck :-(

It was cold at the show ,but the turn out was still good as there is most indoors ..
I counted 8 cali's in the carpark that I see ,but think there may have been more ...
Met up with Rilla , shambly ,James and Gareth .. Good to catch up guys ...
Also parked next to a Belgium Cali and he was interested in cotf and the club so have him a card and he is going to join when he gets back home :)

choplee said:
Sorry to hear you got stuck :-(

It was cold at the show ,but the turn out was still good as there is most indoors ..
I counted 8 cali's in the carpark that I see ,but think there may have been more ...
Met up with Rilla , shambly ,James and Gareth .. Good to catch up guys ...
Also parked next to a Belgium Cali and he was interested in cotf and the club so have him a card and he is going to join when he gets back home :)

It was cold - I parked in the camp bit at first, we had hardstanding. I got to see another Yellow Beach - a German one complete with black and silver/grey interior (not available in UK)
. Looked cool with its steel wheels :)

Nice to see an ABT Cali as well - nice twist :)

James

We popped along, had a nice time and spent all our money on hot coffee.

Parked near the entrance, so now worries getting out.

dan

Hi we parked in the school car park too saw your white cali only about three vehicles away. We had a great day, very cold but togged up so kept warm, we camped at a local caravan club site, its a pity the weather was poor as last year we were in shorts and tee shirts.

very cold and wet day at Sandown but nice meeting some of you but this is so commercial now, cost us £27 to get in just for the day, i would not mind but they make a mint out of the traders aswell. I am going to stick to smaller gatherings in future

lonsdale13 said:
very cold and wet day at Sandown but nice meeting some of you but this is so commercial now, cost us £27 to get in just for the day, i would not mind but they make a mint out of the traders aswell. I am going to stick to smaller gatherings in future

I'd agree with that, when we bought coffees I wasn't sure if we'd bought the coffees or the plantation the beans came from.

I know it is the way of things these days, I had a good day, great to meet people but I like the smaller gatherings as well.

I think the cold, quite literally took the shine off it, I think had it been warmer it would have been a very different atmosphere.

James

Your right james ...i camped all weekend last year and the weather was great ( chilly evenings) , so the show was great ,but the food prices are always very very high ... Volksworld charge £1500 a trade pitch ,so they need to sell sell sell to make their money back.... :laugh2