Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Beach owners change to an Ocean?......

Yes, still come up for work spending 3 days in the North West and 4 Days in Cornwall but arrange my working days back to back which gives me 8 days in Cornwall. Mrs K is now permanently working from home so it allowed us to follow our dream of moving to Cornwall.
Brilliant, :thumb:cheers

Yes, still come up for work spending 3 days in the North West and 4 Days in Cornwall but arrange my working days back to back which gives me 8 days in Cornwall. Mrs K is now permanently working from home so it allowed us to follow our dream of moving to Cornwall.
Pros and cons to both models, we loved our Ocean and all its built in storage and still found it comfortable with 4 in. We never cooked in it as we always viewed having a camper van as living the outdoor life. We did make a brew in it a couple of times but I was never really happy with a naked flame in a vehicle.
’Loved’ not love, have you sold it?

’Loved’ not love, have you sold it?
Yes, a few weeks ago now. Still coming to terms with the decision but regular walks along the Cornish coastal path are helping and being able to walk down to the beach at Readymoney Cove one of my favorite places in the world.

Who knows in a couple of years when hopefully we are in a more stable place than current times we might buy a T7.

Don’t forget to Educate the Cornish, it’s Cream First !

As background to why the Ocean/SE was the right choice for us we have wild camped and backpacked as young adults in all seasons, then with young children school holidays in family tents across UK and Europe. Now the kids have thankfully struck out on their own in life we are able to travel in the off season, the ability to arrive on a wild wet and windy campsite in October on the Scottish west coast and just pop the roof, put the heater on open the wine/beer from the fridge and cook a meal without going outside is the the best reason to buy a California. An Ocean/SE does this by design but of course you can configure a Beach to do this (OK I lied you have to go out to turn the gas on) :rolleyes:

As background to why the Ocean/SE was the right choice for us we have wild camped and backpacked as young adults in all seasons, then with young children school holidays in family tents across UK and Europe. Now the kids have thankfully struck out on their own in life we are able to travel in the off season, the ability to arrive on a wild wet and windy campsite in October on the Scottish west coast and just pop the roof, put the heater on open the wine/beer from the fridge and cook a meal without going outside is the the best reason to buy a California. An Ocean/SE does this by design but of course you can configure a Beach to do this (OK I lied you have to go out to turn the gas on) :rolleyes:
No need to. Just flatten the back seat. Climb on it to the back of the van. Open the cupboard from the inside, and you can turn on the gas.

I think you may find switching to an Ocean from a Beach is more amongst people who've kids have left the nest. There are people who swap the other way though. I think @Borris may have, if I remember rightly.
Depends how close you live to the grandchildren. One of ours is 24 hrs by Boeing 777.

That’s another good reason for a Beach, no going outside to turn the gas on :cheers

I really don't need to go outside to open the gas bottle. And that is a fact.

I really don't need to go outside to open the gas bottle. And that is a fact.
You’ve obviously had a sense of humour bypass
For you maybe but many others either can’t or don’t want to climb over mountains of luggage to do it and that’s a fact.

For you maybe but many others either can’t or don’t want to climb over mountains of luggage to do it and that’s a fact.
What mountains of luggage?

Two of us in an Ocean . We use all the facilities all the time so it suits us. However if we were using as a second car and had more passengers we would more likely have a Beach. Well actually we had a car and caravan but you get the drift. Oceans like ours tend to be low mileage because its only used for camping whereas Beach tends to be used as transport more often than not.
I get that there will be exceptions either way.
Buy what you like.

Yes that is also a fact, but the fact is that it is possible to open the gas from the inside without having to go outside.
That is not my opinion. If you don't want to do it, then you don't have to, but it is possible. Fact.

Oh, I just see you have a Beach and I have an SE (Ocean). You will know it better than me then. :Iamsorry

Back