VW bike rack parts

• Thread starter inthemidnighthour
  • Start date
inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi does anyone have the vw parts list for the bike rack ? Or know where I could obtain the part below.?
Closing the rack yesterday both of the clips which hold the rack up in place , broke off.

many thanks Dave and Lisa

20240603_203021.jpg20240603_203013.jpg

Ouch that’s annoying - not sure if you are aware but as a temporary fix you could use the straps on the 4th row wheel chocks to tie up the rack in the meantime so you can still drive with it in the closed position. California Chris shows you how to in his YouTube video about the bike rack - he recommends doing so all the time when not carrying bikes so it doesn’t fall down when driving at speed, and must admit I tend to do so having seen his video. Also stops anyone pulling it down when parked up.

I did the same. Parts available direct from Thule. I paid £4.99 for two, which came to about £13 Inc postage. Phew.
Part ref below.
If you can't find the details drop me a line & I'll dig out my invoice to get the product name.

1500054301 WW Tilt Lock

I did the same. Parts available direct from Thule. I paid £4.99 for two, which came to about £13 Inc postage. Phew.
Part ref below.
If you can't find the details drop me a line & I'll dig out my invoice to get the product name.

1500054301 WW Tilt Lock
Excellent thank you