Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW breakdown cover. Any good?

Swislon

Swislon

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We pick up our new Ocean on 4th Jan. Safeguard‘s quote includes breakdown cover and NFU doesn’t because I didn’t think we would need it as have 5 years VW breakdown assistance included in the deal. What is your experience with VW breakdown cover? Should I consider extra breakdown cover or does it do the job?
cheers
Steve

We pick up our new Ocean on 4th Jan. Safeguard‘s quote includes breakdown cover and NFU doesn’t because I didn’t think we would need it as have 5 years VW breakdown assistance included in the deal. What is your experience with VW breakdown cover? Should I consider extra breakdown cover or does it do the job?
cheers
Steve
Check your cover with VW Assistance lasts 5 years. Normally it only lasts for the 3 yrs of the original warranty, not years 4&5 of the extended warranty.

Yes I checked with Breeze and it’s for 5 years along with the 5 years servicing and warranty but I’ll check again on pick up. Thanks

Yes I checked with Breeze and it’s for 5 years along with the 5 years servicing and warranty but I’ll check again on pick up. Thanks
Vw Assist / AA absolutely spot on ,
Courtesy car and priority repair if recovered to a VW Dealer via either.

VW assist in a VW liveried AA patrol with specific VAG group experience/ training.

VW assist has a dedicated VAG group diagnosis tablet.

VW assist will take longer to attend (sometimes days), so be prepared to take an AA patrol which will be a lot quicker if required.

VWCV have a habit of mis laying important Details, particularly when you need to make use of them !
Ask Breeze for a paper copy Receipt to show the cover is 5 years

Presumably the 5 years Break down cover is part of An Extended Factory Warranty year 4 & 5 (additional cost) exclusively Only for vehicle less than 3 months old ? Invaluable for all new Calis IMO

Thank you all. Gone with NFU without breakdown cover. They are a delight to deal with and very patient. Will check with Breeze when we pick up next Thursday.

As others say, VW cover is good. Only one call out to date, but that went OK

Back