Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Cali specific back2you tracker anyone?

I prefer the ghost immobiliser @Loz has had fitted as it prevents the van from being stolen.
They will also professionally fit a tracker at same time. Both come with a guarantee-immobiliser only plus fitting @600

I prefer the ghost immobiliser @Loz has had fitted as it prevents the van from being stolen.
They will also professionally fit a tracker at same time. Both come with a guarantee-immobiliser only plus fitting @600
Thats a lot more money though? Whats so wrong with the basic tracker.. seems good value to me!

Thats a lot more money though? Whats so wrong with the basic tracker.. seems good value to me!
Hi Birty
Each to their own but IMHO
A lot of trackers can have their signal blocked.
Unless they are wired in you have a limited battery life and when you do wire in professionally with a guarantee you get near the cost of a ghost- tracker doesn’t stop your Cali being stolen in the first place and for the good ones you pay a more monthly subscription.
There is a lot of love for the Ghost on this forum.

But I agree a tracker is better than nothing.

Regards
Greg

Hi Birty
Each to their own but IMHO
A lot of trackers can have their signal blocked.
Unless they are wired in you have a limited battery life and when you do wire in professionally with a guarantee you get near the cost of a ghost- tracker doesn’t stop your Cali being stolen in the first place and for the good ones you pay a more monthly subscription.
There is a lot of love for the Ghost on this forum.

But I agree a tracker is better than nothing.

Regards
Greg
Totally agree ..Will have a look at alternatives.. do we have VIP discount for 'Ghost' do you know?

N
Totally agree ..Will have a look at alternatives.. do we have VIP discount for 'Ghost' do you know?
I did loads of research and looked at DIY trackers as well as Thatcham ones ect.
If I can afford I will have both fitted by Ghost (is the immobiliser and tracker)
I went on their face book page and asked them to message me - no discount I’m afraid
We could ask @calikev if we could add them to commercial partners?

We've been researching ghost/trackers too, while waiting for the cali to arrive, so we can get the security done as soon after delivery as we can.

My wife leans towards a tracker with driver tags, and is of the mind that if they're going to burgle us for the keys, the tracker is a good balance between getting them out of the house and away from us/kids while still a chance of retrieving the vehicle later.

I quite like the idea of the Ghost, but at the back of my mind is the thought that it would be just my luck to be the one who had thieves that, when the van didn't start, thought it was worth going back into the house to drag me out and start it for them. It doesn't make much sense to do that, but we're not talking about the most sensible members of society are we. And they're quite likely to be bigger than me too!:(

We've been researching ghost/trackers too, while waiting for the cali to arrive, so we can get the security done as soon after delivery as we can.

My wife leans towards a tracker with driver tags, and is of the mind that if they're going to burgle us for the keys, the tracker is a good balance between getting them out of the house and away from us/kids while still a chance of retrieving the vehicle later.

I quite like the idea of the Ghost, but at the back of my mind is the thought that it would be just my luck to be the one who had thieves that, when the van didn't start, thought it was worth going back into the house to drag me out and start it for them. It doesn't make much sense to do that, but we're not talking about the most sensible members of society are we. And they're quite likely to be bigger than me too!:(
Yes you are right but I will be happy with immobiliser and cheap ish tracker incase it goes away on low loader.. wow you sound really really worried .

Yes you are right but I will be happy with immobiliser and cheap ish tracker incase it goes away on low loader.. wow you sound really really worried .

Not worried per se, but my previous security strategy has been to buy a significantly cheaper, scruffier and less desirable car than my neighbours and be completley ignored, and as that policy will become defunct with the cali it's time to rethink it;)

Not worried per se, but my previous security strategy has been to buy a significantly cheaper, scruffier and less desirable car than my neighbours and be completley ignored, and as that policy will become defunct with the cali it's time to rethink it;)
Fortunately I keep it in my garage and have Gap insurance cover so if it goes from home so be it.. Not put myself at risk... But if it goes whilst on holiday thats a different issue all together!!

Good Insurance, because if they take it or trash it, We don't want it back.:thumb

Most new vehicles are stolen from home by the thieves either taking your keys (say from hall table by front door) or by intercepting and cloning your keys signal to the car when locking and unlocking.
I think immobilisers just make it a bit more difficult and hopefully put off opportunist thieves BUT I totally agree good insurance is the best protection as nothing is worth putting your family or yourself at risk:thumb

My view is.
Once it’s gone, I don’t want it back...!!!
Its never the same.
So the best option is prevent it going anywhere in the first instance.
A disc lock is a good deterrent. They don’t carry tools anymore, just laptops. Therefore anything mechanical looking, puts them right off...

The biggest extra value I think is the fact its disguised as something else so harder to find.

I do tend to agree that the ghost setup is the best one and something i will be looking to add soon.

I do tend to agree that the ghost setup is the best one and something i will be looking to add soon.

Get mine fitted next Friday.
Looks an interesting device/product.

Who is fitting it for you ?

It’s a friend of mine, based in Rugby.
He’s been fitting trackers, alarms and car electrical bits for over 20 years. Fully insured etc.
He is fitting a lot of Ghost Immobilisers of late.
I can PM you his number if you like

Ghost Immobiliser ordered.. has to work with cruise control buttons though cos no steering wheel controls in my T5.1!!

Ghost Immobiliser ordered.. has to work with cruise control buttons though cos no steering wheel controls in my T5.1!!

You will find, they can use cruise plus other buttons on the dash too :thumb