Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 - security/alarms?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We are hoping to order our first California Ocean T6.1, noticed a ‘Ghost’ alarm system has been mentioned. Could anyone advise on best security for a California. I was thinking. Tracker but sounds like people think the Autowatch ‘Ghost’ system is better? Don’t know much about this or a tracker system either really. Just think spending a lot of money on. California want to consider extra security. Does the Ghost system help with insurance quote/price, is this a recognised security system?

Thanks for any advice/guidance

The Autowatch Ghost is an additional immobilizer added on top of the immobilizer built into the factory alarm.

Most of the thefts we hear of these days are where burglars have broken into the house a stolen the keys to the Cali and this prevents it being started even with the keys.
It s such an expensive asset, at £399 it is cheaper than most of the Cali options so a no-brainer for any new vehicle we have in the future.

The Autowatch Ghost is an additional immobilizer added on top of the immobilizer built into the factory alarm.

Most of the thefts we hear of these days are where burglars have broken into the house a stolen the keys to the Cali and this prevents it being started even with the keys.
It s such an expensive asset, at £399 it is cheaper than most of the Cali options so a no-brainer for any new vehicle we have in the future.
I’ve had someone try my door twice in the last fortnight. Never been an issue before, but with the low oil price the area is suffering and it’s happening a lot these days. (Reports of a young lad cycling around in the evenings looking in people’s windows and cars and then been spotted in the doctor’s surgery car park on a mobile, presumably relaying info). I have dogs who bark at any one close, so they scarpered both times. And my keys are also hidden away so any burglar would need to get passed all the dogs... Seems like Autowatch Ghost would be good. Also, neighbours with CCTV door bells have not been approached... so maybe a visible deterrent also helps (but I do have an ADT alarm system!)

Never ever did I notice more crime due to low oil price? I notice more crime due to more scrotes in grey traggy boggams being brought up by other scrotes who think they are parents. Also a lot of these thefts are by foreign gangs. Yes I know its racist but fact is not. But the oil price?

Never ever did I notice more crime due to low oil price? I notice more crime due to more scrotes in grey traggy boggams being brought up by other scrotes who think they are parents. Also a lot of these thefts are by foreign gangs. Yes I know its racist but fact is not. But the oil price?
Slight digression from the post, but yes, in North East Scotland we have been struggling for the last few years. And the crime rate seems to be increasing at the same time.

Slight digression from the post, but yes, in North East Scotland we have been struggling for the last few years. And the crime rate seems to be increasing at the same time.
I see. Sorry I thought it was related to prices in Iran etc. Anyway the price is due to go up thanks to trump. But I still like him. I have a steering lock and locked gates in front of my cali. I suppose it depends on your house. I purposely bought a house with a drive and gates for my bus. But not everyone can do that

I see. Sorry I thought it was related to prices in Iran etc. Anyway the price is due to go up thanks to trump. But I still like him. I have a steering lock and locked gates in front of my cali. I suppose it depends on your house. I purposely bought a house with a drive and gates for my bus. But not everyone can do that
I purposely didn’t get bike rack, awning and tow bar - as don’t have the option to close in the driveway - fitted those once the Cali was slightly older and less attractive... fingers crossed that works...

When I look at houses these days I have 2 things I want. Where is the pub and where can I park my bus. Everything else I don't care about.

I purposely didn’t get bike rack, awning and tow bar - as don’t have the option to close in the driveway - fitted those once the Cali was slightly older and less attractive... fingers crossed that works...

It s such an expensive asset, at £399 it is cheaper than most of the Cali options so a no-brainer for any new vehicle we have in the future

What is the best way to find out more about this and someone who can fit this, not heard of this system before, we live in Essex?