Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best place to hide a GPS Tracker?

Is yu purchase the Back2You it comes with a hardwire kit and 2 remote antennas, that way you can place the unit in a secure hidden location and then position the antennas in the best places for reception.

There some good places for the antennas behind trim close to glass etc.

I must admit i was really surprised to hear it worked under the roof but then gps signals can easily bounce off the ground and up through the window in theory.

I would wager its a weaker signal under there however. Then again mine are hidden quite carefully and not being found sure is a plus. I even got a cheap gsm detector to try and see if it could be found, it could find phones and wifi hotspots quite easily but couldn't find my tracker which was a bonus.

I must admit i was really surprised to hear it worked under the roof but then gps signals can easily bounce off the ground and up through the window in theory.

I would wager its a weaker signal under there however. Then again mine are hidden quite carefully and not being found sure is a plus. I even got a cheap gsm detector to try and see if it could be found, it could find phones and wifi hotspots quite easily but couldn't find my tracker which was a bonus.
They don't need to find it, just block it. Not that difficult for a Professional.

Or have a Ghost Immobliser fitted so van can’t be stolen even with the keys and negate the need for a tracker.

Or have a Ghost Immobliser fitted so van can’t be stolen even with the keys and negate the need for a tracker.
except there was a T5 "lifted" by thieves from Gloucester within the last 3 weeks, they used a towaway truck like the ones used to lift cars from parking spaces..
So you really need both.

except there was a T5 "lifted" by thieves from Gloucester within the last 3 weeks, they used a towaway truck like the ones used to lift cars from parking spaces..
So you really need both.
Yes if one lives a life of fearing the worst then best for peace of mind. Chance of being lifted tiny vs being driven off with keys just stolen from your house. GSM/ mobile sim type GPS devices can be found in seconds with a £50 scanner from eBay... though really helpful in finding where you parked.

Yes if one lives a life of fearing the worst then best for peace of mind. Chance of being lifted tiny vs being driven off with keys just stolen from your house. GSM/ mobile sim type GPS devices can be found in seconds with a £50 scanner from eBay... though really helpful in finding where you parked.
I found mine with a £5 one I'm sorry to say when it was on live tracking, at least until I hid it properly. Also putting it into deep sleep mode when not moving really helped too.