Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw California Beach damaged on delivery by Volkswagen commercial vehicles

Similar to above, you have a contract for a new and undamaged California at a specified price. The company has not delivered their part of the contract - I would consider threatening them with legal action and remind them that they have a contract with you that they have not fulfilled. There is no way you should be paying more money - when they simply have not delivered their part of the bargain.

I would try the following forums for specific advice along the above lines:

Scoobz

I truly have sympathy for what you are going through. We had a problem with out paint Lacquer peeling off the bumpers at EXACTLY the same time. Only the bumpers and nowhere else. It was out of its 3 year paint warranty but took it back to Sinclairs who did everything VW asked of them. Tested the paint thickness ALL over the van and they sent all the information back to VWCC. Answer came back after a few days....Sorry but because the vehicle is out of its warranty VW IS NOT PREPARED TO HELP ON THIS OCCASION.. THE MATTER IS NOW CLOSED..
And that was it . I did reply but they never had any more correspondence with me. The only good thing was the body shop manager did the job through Sinclairs for £500 which was half some of the quotes I had.
I know exactly how you feel and if it was me I would tell them to shove it where the sun don’t shine and buy a Marco Polo.

Truly shocking behaviour.

If you ask them to buy the vehicle back from you, what would they offer. As the Cali is in such short supply they generally go for a great price.

If they come back with a low offer because it’s been damaged, that would be very telling.

Hope you get this resolved. Both the dealer and VW are behaving very poorly and makes me scared for the Cali Ocean we have on order for delivery next May/June.

Robinson's in Norwich. Good luck.
Oh that sucks, my expected delivery is May 22, whilst it is coming from another dealership Robinsons will be my local go to. Really sorry to read this, if you have any legal cover as part of your home insurance that could be worth exploring.

Oh that sucks, my expected delivery is May 22, whilst it is coming from another dealership Robinsons will be my local go to. Really sorry to read this, if you have any legal cover as part of your home insurance that could be worth exploring.
I think you misread my previous post. Robinson's were actually very good. Although I hear they have become part of another group now.

Back