Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poor VW customer service! Can anyone help please?

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Team, the radio head unit in my 2020 Coast is faulty. My local dealer had the van for 3 days and were unable to fix it, they can not proceed with repair or replacement until VW Germany instruct them on what to do. I have been waiting for 6 weeks now and still nothing gets done! The dealer says they call Germany each week and are yet to hear from VW with a response on how to deal with the problem.

I have raised a complaint case with VWCV and now they are slow to respond. When I ask for a direct contact in VW (at a senior level) I am blocked everytime.

So, does anyone have a contact number for someone in VW who is senior in the company and can assist with customer complaints please?

Thanks team

Which dealer are you using ?

Its not the dealer that are really at fault..... it's VW dragging their heels. My complaint to VW is based on VW Germany being painfully (not bothered?) slow in responding to the dealers requests for help.

Just had a call from the dealer......VW finally got off their arse and have authorised the fix, just waiting for a new CPU to be delivered....... so then, progress for now I hope

It probably is too late / won’t help, but I find when dealing with any business consumer related, start your emails subject matter as “COMPLAINT”. It gets on their radar.

The details of the Milton Keynes Head Director use to be on line, posted by a disgruntled punter.

Have a Google search

My recent dealings with VWCS left a sense of a complete waste of my time.
It was like dealing with one of those 'Indian' help desks whose main function was to close your query without actually listening or resolving the issue.

I have a warranty claim in with SMG Cowfold for a defective head unit , it’s been in for assessment 3 times. Due to VW and general incompetence at SMG , we are now 6 months in with no resolution.

I have a warranty claim in with SMG Cowfold for a defective head unit , it’s been in for assessment 3 times. Due to VW and general incompetence at SMG , we are now 6 months in with no resolution.

Would avoid SMG Cowfold. In my experience they never follow up re warranty issues.

Last edited:
Just had a call from the dealer......VW finally got off their arse and have authorised the fix, just waiting for a new CPU to be delivered....... so then, progress for now I hope
They have just informed me not until early April! And it seems it is not the head unit but a central control unit for the whole car (£4000!) :eek:

They have just informed me not until early April! And it seems it is not the head unit but a central control unit for the whole car (£4000!) :eek:

Sounds like VW. When does your warranty expire.

Sounds like VW. When does your warranty expire.
The 4 year warranty in July this year….. the extended All-in July next year (I’m gonna argue about being sold the All-in when the original was still valid after all this is done)

The 4 year warranty in July this year….. the extended All-in July next year (I’m gonna argue about being sold the All-in when the original was still valid after all this is done)
I seem to recall that you can't purchase the All In Warranty until existing VW warranty expires which should make your case100%

It seems long ago when a car stereo was an afterthought, not something that costs thousands!! I think the auto industry has suckered us punters into a blind alley of digital garbage.

It seems long ago when a car stereo was an afterthought, not something that costs thousands!! I think the auto industry has suckered us punters into a blind alley of digital garbage.
Seems they are doing the same with touch screen controls for basic functions like heating too!

Seems they are doing the same with touch screen controls for basic functions like heating too!
NCAP have just published criticism of this trend (due to causing drivers to loose concentration in controlling their car) and stated that a car will not get a five star rating unless it has separate definable controls for certain functions, e.g. wipers and lights. VW were identified as one of the main culprits in this trend, while Toyota, apparently, have already moved towards restoring stalks and switches.

NCAP have just published criticism of this trend (due to causing drivers to loose concentration in controlling their car) and stated that a car will not get a five star rating unless it has separate definable controls for certain functions, e.g. wipers and lights. VW were identified as one of the main culprits in this trend, while Toyota, apparently, have already moved towards restoring stalks and switches.
You have to wonder how the car designers ever manage to get these things through their approval process into production!

You have to wonder how the car designers ever manage to get these things through their approval process into production!
It seems that centralised computer controlled functions can be less expensive than providing individual controls, so I guess that the bean counters might have had an input.

Fewer complicated wiring circuits, just all inputs and outputs plus digital displays.

Back