Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Ocean Styling Packages

‘S’ mode doesnt make the van any faster, nor does it accelerate quicker. All it does is hold it in gear longer so the higher rev range is used more. I.e. coming into a corner in S would drop down to say 2nd and hold in 2nd at higher revs meaning power is there when you come out of the corner. Having said that the cornering abilities of a California are similar to turning an oil tanker.
Yes I’m aware of that. To be honest it’s probably nothing to worry about (the lack of it) in a torquey diesel anyway. Doesn’t really benefit you holding onto each gear for longer and more revs. Much better on a sporty petrol.
Like I said, I’ve gone for the 199 which is powerful enough as it is.

‘S’ mode doesnt make the van any faster, nor does it accelerate quicker. All it does is hold it in gear longer so the higher rev range is used more. I.e. coming into a corner in S would drop down to say 2nd and hold in 2nd at higher revs meaning power is there when you come out of the corner. Having said that the cornering abilities of a California are similar to turning an oil tanker.

Can't you just select manual mode to hold a gear longer or use the flappy paddles?
I had S mode on my last car and never used it.
I did use the paddles to change down when needed though. It does still have paddles doesn't it?

It was my understanding, anything ordered after 1st July(week27) is a MY21 build and without S mode.:(

This might have already been answered but I can't see it anywhere.....any idea if the underride guard as part of the sports styling pack is purely cosmetic or if it would provide some level of underbody protection if going off road ?

1602590745663.png

Back