Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Would anyone be interested in taking over my Cali order with over £10k Discount?

18ME

18ME

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I've got a Cali Ocean on order which was placed around 3.5 months ago so will be due soon. I'm possibly thinking of maybe re-ordering for a delivery next year. If I simply cancel I will lose the £1000 deposit unless anyone wants to take over the order, according to the dealer, which is Eurovans in Crawley.

Below is the full spec and the total cost including all the options and the discount.

• California Ocean 204PS
  • Ascot Grey
  • Sports Styling Package
  • Towbar Removable-Lockable
  • Storage Net Roof Bed Opening 2nd Drawer
  • Floor Covering Wood Effect
  • Kitchen cupboard in graphite grey slate effect with outdoor shower connection
  • Traffic Sign Recognition
  • High Beam Assist
  • Art Velours Seat Centre In Leather Look
  • Adaptive Chassis Control DCC
  • Discover Media Pro Navigation System
  • Power Sliding Door On The Right
£75995.02 (£10610.98 discount)

Current price is £77342 + £9264 options = £86606
If ordering through DTD today the discounted price is £76910.52 (includes £9695.48 discount) so around £1000 less than that current best price.

The pictures are from the VW configurator that I took when I placed the order.

New Cali 1.png

New Cali 2.png

New Cali 3.png

New Cali 4.png

New Cali 5.png

New Cali 6.png

New Cali 7.png

New Cali 8.png

New Cali.png

Last edited:
I cancelled my order (long story) with Eurovans Crawley about this time last year. I asked for my deposit back as I thought there was no harm in asking. They wouldn't refund the deposit but did offer to let me use it as another deposit if I ordered a new Cali within 12 months. Maybe that's an option if you plan to order a new one within 12 months.

I cancelled my order (long story) with Eurovans Crawley about this time last year. I asked for my deposit back as I thought there was no harm in asking. They wouldn't refund the deposit but did offer to let me use it as another deposit if I ordered a new Cali within 12 months. Maybe that's an option if you plan to order a new one within 12 months.
They have said the same to me. They also kindly told me that I'll have a cancellation fee of £395 for DTD as it was ordered through them.
However I have not actually cancelled the order with them yet and after reading their terms and conditions and a message from another helpful member on here giving me information from the Motor Ombudsman, I have said that I will continue with the order and then cancel within 14 days of delivery to them in order to get a full refund.

They also said that they would return my deposit back if I cancelled and they could sell it quickly with no extra fees. No doubt they wouldn't have any difficulty selling it straight away if the sold it as cheap as I was getting it for, but I guess they'll probably ask for more.

They have said the same to me. They also kindly told me that I'll have a cancellation fee of £395 for DTD as it was ordered through them.
However I have not actually cancelled the order with them yet and after reading their terms and conditions and a message from another helpful member on here giving me information from the Motor Ombudsman, I have said that I will continue with the order and then cancel within 14 days of delivery to them in order to get a full refund.

They also said that they would return my deposit back if I cancelled and they could sell it quickly with no extra fees. No doubt they wouldn't have any difficulty selling it straight away if the sold it as cheap as I was getting it for, but I guess they'll probably ask for more.
Eurovan's strike again. Giving car salespeople a bad name one customer at a time.

It’s times like these that separate the good dealers from the bad. Nobody should forget how some dealers are handling this compared to others.

Its Eurovans. They will just set the appt past the 30 day return period.
The van can be rejected before they’ve seen it, so it doesn’t affect the return period provided done before 30 days is up. Different story if you want the fault rectified though. I don’t imagine many people would just to reject before 30 days, that seems a bit extreme.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Eurovans making a quick buck selling it on. Mines been on their forecourt for nearly two months. They have dropped the price but it’s still there!! No idea why :p

I wouldn’t worry too much about Eurovans making a quick buck selling it on. Mines been on their forecourt for nearly two months. They have dropped the price but it’s still there!! No idea why :p
I thought yours had sold straight away??

I thought yours had sold straight away??
Nope! It did disappear for a few days and then reappeared again. I would urge any prospective buyer to check the roof and rusty scissors as well as the bellows!

@martin.edwards

I'm in an identical situation as you, thinking it's almost inevitable that I will have the leaking bellows. Perhaps you could make it clear to EV unless they're 100% sure the bellows won't leak you'll be rejecting the car almost immediately. They may prefer to give you your deposit back rather than take the hit on a returned vehicle, which are now depreciating more significantly ....

Have you asked them if they would honour the interest free offer to the new buyer, that is quite a good deal for some.

@martin.edwards

I'm in an identical situation as you, thinking it's almost inevitable that I will have the leaking bellows. Perhaps you could make it clear to EV unless they're 100% sure the bellows won't leak you'll be rejecting the car almost immediately. They may prefer to give you your deposit back rather than take the hit on a returned vehicle, which are now depreciating more significantly ....
I haven’t really read much of the bellows situation, I just don’t want it yet.

Have you asked them if they would honour the interest free offer to the new buyer, that is quite a good deal for some.
I’m guessing that the 0% finance deal and the free 5 year serving and warranty would be honoured as its VW that are supporting it and not the dealer.