Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW california van support in southern france?

Lalala

Lalala

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi

We are currently in southern France near Marseille with a broken fridge ( see other thread ) and are wondering does anybody have any experience with the dealerships here and are there any particularly good ones that might be able to fix it ?

Have given up trying to fix it ourselves and
Haven’t had much luck getting technical advice from VW over the phone. Tried phoning my dealership at home to see if they could give some advice , they put me through to VW Customer Care ( cars ) , who put me through to customer care ( vans ) , who put me through to VW roadside assistance (uk ) who put me through to Roadside assistance in France , who told me to phone my dealership ... (sigh) ... however after 40 mins I do think that if this is a warranty issues then we could get it fixed in France

We are 50 miles east of Marseille and heading west to northern Spain and my fridge ... sorry coolbox is not keeping my beer cold

Thanks again all !

You could aim at the nearest VW dealership and pay them a visit directly?

Have you checked the fuse hasn’t blown though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a cool box and sort out back in UK if I was you

If it was me I would buy a cheap cool box from Super U and get the van one sorted out when I get home. Even if you do find a dealer they will want to keep your van for several days which will disrupt your holiday. Also depending how old your van is you may have to pay for the repair and claim when you get back.

We are 50 miles east of Marseille and heading west to northern Spain and my fridge ... sorry coolbox is not keeping my beer cold
The first one on that route is in Baillargues (near Montpellier), the second one in Narbonne. Otherwise there's nothing in that area. Beware: it's holiday season in France and some dealers shut for a full fortnight in August.

If it was me I would buy a cheap cool box from Super U and get the van one sorted out when I get home. Even if you do find a dealer they will want to keep your van for several days which will disrupt your holiday. Also depending how old your van is you may have to pay for the repair and claim when you get back.

or add a big bag of ice (£1 in uk) into the fridge every few days,
I would not get into trying to get a french dealer to fix it while on holiday.

vw dont fix anything it will be a complete replacement that could take days to get hold of one from germany its not the sort of thing dealers keep as they are about £1000

Cfx28 and use as an auxcillary fridge when home ,try Decathalon perhaps ,good luck

Back