Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Cubic Telecom

Skootyalan

Skootyalan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi, as anyone any experience of Cubic Telecom, the telecom provider behind the built in SIM card? I registered for the free month in late Nov/Dec when I acquired the van. I had problems with passwords and have been unable to get a positive response from the company to reset my password - which would be necessary if I wanted to continue using the built in SIM. Comments gratefully received!

Hi, as anyone any experience of Cubic Telecom, the telecom provider behind the built in SIM card? I registered for the free month in late Nov/Dec when I acquired the van. I had problems with passwords and have been unable to get a positive response from the company to reset my password - which would be necessary if I wanted to continue using the built in SIM. Comments gratefully received!
I was considering a 1 month data plan contract as a trial but after entering my VIN to ‘add vehicle’ the description of my Cali that was displayed was incorrect (wrong colour) so I didn’t proceed. Over the last 6 weeks I have emailed/messaged Cubic Telecom 3 times now with no response whatsoever!
Based on your experience (and mine) I think I will give them a miss.
(BTW, I’m doubling checking with VW that my VIN does detail my vehicle correctly, but am pretty sure it does based on interaction with other companies i.e. Insurers)

Hi, I have used them. Had great difficulty getting connected,their customer service was dire to get it sorted. Did eventually get it working but it did not suit my needs as it does not work when the ignition is off. I wanted to monitor the van with cameras when parked.
Also when I had used up my 1 month allowance they billed me again in error but to be fair they did apologise,issue a refund and gave me a month free.

It seems we are all having similar experiences. I have been trying to get my password reset since 18th December. The website reset doesn't work and they have repeatedly promised to send a manual reset. I too am coming to the conclusion they are not worth bothering with. I wonder if VW have picked up any feedback on their performance?

Hi, I have used them. Had great difficulty getting connected,their customer service was dire to get it sorted. Did eventually get it working but it did not suit my needs as it does not work when the ignition is off. I wanted to monitor the van with cameras when parked.
Also when I had used up my 1 month allowance they billed me again in error but to be fair they did apologise,issue a refund and gave me a month free.
Did you find an always on solution?

Did you find an always on solution?
No I don't think it is possible. I think I have heard the same comment on a previous thread. Can't see any point in having it if you need the ignition on as you and other family members would want to connect when you are parked up and also as I mentioned earlier,I would like,e to monitor my van with a camera when it is parked and left unattended. I now just use my phone as a hotspot.

No I don't think it is possible. I think I have heard the same comment on a previous thread. Can't see any point in having it if you need the ignition on as you and other family members would want to connect when you are parked up and also as I mentioned earlier,I would like,e to monitor my van with a camera when it is parked and left unattended. I now just use my phone as a hotspot.
That’s really not good and a bit strange because without a Cubic Telecom contract the eSIM is permanently connected for WeConnect functions etc.

That’s really not good and a bit strange because without a Cubic Telecom contract the eSIM is permanently connected for WeConnect functions etc.
I had a conversation with a support person who told me the 1 month free allocation had been used. However, because of password problems I couldn't extend the contract. But, WeConnect continues to work!

I had a conversation with a support person who told me the 1 month free allocation had been used. However, because of password problems I couldn't extend the contract. But, WeConnect continues to work!
Not impressed by Cubic so far - Still awaiting a response from them. I definitely won’t sign up, even for a trial, until they can be bothered to get back to me. I wonder how much revenue they are foregoing due to poor customer interaction?