Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Email warning

Californiaman

Californiaman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Folks, I've just received an email that purports to be from this website. Telling me that I am missed and offering to reset my password etc

Whilst it looks genuine, there is a spolling mistoke and I do not recognise the domain name (which is also registered by someone I do not recognise)

Beware!

Admins: if this is a genuine email, please feel free to delete this thread...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up :thumb

Californiaman said:
Folks, I've just received an email that purports to be from this website. Telling me that I am missed and offering to reset my password etc

Whilst it looks genuine, there is a spolling mistoke and I do not recognise the domain name (which is also registered by someone I do not recognise)

Beware!

Admins: if this is a genuine email, please feel free to delete this thread...

How do I know this isn't the scam,eeeeek.
:D

It was. I now have your bank account details and all your bank card pin numbers.

Don't worry it was sent in error from our test site that is not finished yet please ignore

We’re all buying more online these days, so beware of a new email scam. It masquerades as being from the Royal Mail but is definitely not. As with all questionable emails DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. The email will be headed :-

Reminder - To schedule a new delivery, a shipping fee must be paid

Will not be posting for a while, just had an e-mail from HMRC to say they have issued a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid taxes but I can reply to prevent this being issued.

Will not be posting for a while, just had an e-mail from HMRC to say they have issued a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid taxes but I can reply to prevent this being issued.
See you in 2022, unless of course you provide your bank account details, sort code and date of birth. Good luck if not !

Tell them to stick it ! Scammers doh
I've tried that before, their usual comeback is along the lines of would you like us to have a look at the last few years figures as well?

Having been relieved of a lot of money that I was carefully looking after for them many years ago, I don't really want a repeat of that.

Yes, guys.

My sons and I have just paid our January tax due, delaying VAT due to end of December pending enhanced cash flow.

Once again the private sector of small business take the brunt.

Yes, guys.

My sons and I have just paid our January tax due, delaying VAT due to end of December pending enhanced cash flow.

Once again the private sector of small business take the brunt.
I feel your pain.
I've fortunately managed to keep on working for the most part, as a small Ltd company with no specific office, the only help on offer was to furlough myself for the grand sum - of about £800 per month.
The deferral of one quarters Vat helped cash flow but it still needs repaying.
It has got me seriously considering retiring next year, having worked out how little we could live on & having tried it for a month or two, when we didn't know if the work was going to dry up.

I feel your pain.
I've fortunately managed to keep on working for the most part, as a small Ltd company with no specific office, the only help on offer was to furlough myself for the grand sum - of about £800 per month.
It has got me seriously considering retiring next year, having worked out how little we could live on & having tried it for a month or two, when we didn't know if the work was going to dry up.

Yep I can live on very little luckily. But my sons, that’s another matter with heavy personal commitments. And with fixed overheads of approx 50K a month just to open the business on a daily basis, it’s a big worry. Still so far so good.

We have to contain the virus so the economy can rebound, NOW. Or we are all for the high jump.

Yep I can live on very little luckily. But my sons, that’s another matter with heavy personal commitments. And with fixed overheads of approx 50K a month just to open the business on a daily basis, it’s a big worry. Still so far so good.

We have to contain the virus so the economy can rebound, NOW. Or we are all for the high jump.

I need a lot currently, but could trim the car collection, move somewhere cheaper & chuck the two eldest kids out to get to a point where I don't need to work.
All very well having expensive cars but if I'm not driving them its pretty pointless. Getting an automatic van was the first step. The Merc is now on borrowed time, along with the wife car. Will keep the Morgan & the Mrs & I will just share the van.

Last edited:
I feel your pain.
I can thoroughly recommend retirement Andy :)
Not a single person on their deathbed has been heard to utter the words ‘I wish i’d worked more’ :)

I need a lot currently, but could trim the car collection, move somewhere cheaper & chuck the two eldest kids out to get to a point where I don't need to work.
All very well having expensive cars but if I'm not driving them its pretty pointless. Getting an automatic van was the first step.

Sorry for you.

It’s a bummer, after the financial crash the decade before last I went for a period of 5 years working full time plus without earning a single £ just to keep my long standing business going, now this.

Tip re the cars, wheels off and SORN them, that’s what I did. Don’t sell in a fire sale.

Without even trying to be controversial, public workers with your ‘pay freezes’ respect how lucky you actually are.

I can thoroughly recommend retirement Andy :)
Not a single person on their deathbed has been heard to utter the words ‘I wish i’d worked more’ :)
I know, but sometimes I do enjoy it. In the main I'm now back dealing with the restoration of interesting buildings with a great team. Having spent a couple of years sorting legal disputes. On the other hand after a year off, I don't think I could go back to commuting by train & tube.

Back