Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW just gave me £ 750.00 towards my deposit

Johnny - thanks for such a comprehensive response. I've spoken directly to VW Finance and they have confirmed that there are NO cancellation penalties if settled within 14 days. My dealer was clearly being economical with the truth.......

Can you give me any additional info regarding the extended warranty? The dealer is insistent that there are no such deals associated with finance and that it is not
Ossicle to purchase an extended VW warranty until a few weeks before he original warranty expires. That doesn't sound right to me - why wouldn't they take my money. £330+VAT would be a no brainier so I'm keen to find out more about this.

Many thanks - I really appreciate your input.
I don't know a lot more about it other than I am sure I t was offered to me in conjunction with the PCP finance option only but this could be a memory fail and it could be a general offer. It is linked with limited mileage. At the £330 (approx) + vat the warranty is 5yrs at 80000 miles max. At a higher mileage the cost is higher but 80k miles in 5yrs is lot more than I expect to do in the Cali as it is a 2nd vehicle. The dealer also wanted me to confirm if I wanted the extra warranty quite quickly so it is definitely available to arrange at the time of purchase rather than when the 3yrs manufactures warranty runs out, it is also available to extend warranty at the end of the 3 yrs but I don't know how much they charge at that point. The VW website doesn't give many details other than to discuss extended warranty offers with your local dealer. I will find out more info on Monday and confirm if it is linked with finance or not.

I've done it. Bought on their finance and then paid off after 7 days. Our dealer asked us to wait for 7 days before doing it so that they received the £750 from VW so it wouldn't sting them.
It cost me 7days interest and nothing more.
There is no problems or issues with paying off like this. I rang up and asked to settle, they gave me a figure and an account to transfer to. I then got a letter a few days later confirming they had no interest in the vehicle as the finance was how paid off.
Re the services it is a good deal but the two service deal is one interim, one full. The four service deal is two interim, two full.
Can you confirm when day 1 of the 14 days starts, is it when VW receive the deposit or is it when the vehicle is collected?

JohnnyP : Do you have any details on the extended warranty deal that you mention as I wasnt aware of this? I'm going down the PCP route for my Cali. Thanks for the info and help.
image.jpg
I have found some more info on the VW website and it looks like a general offer and nothing to do with finance

Can you confirm when day 1 of the 14 days starts, is it when VW receive the deposit or is it when the vehicle is collected?
Only when you collect the vehicle and start the finance. So as you drive away in your new t6 it is day one.

Did anyone get a written quote from VW that shows the £750 deposit contribution or was it just credited against the invoice value? It appears on on-line illustrations but dealer is saying it doesn't show on specific quotations.

Did anyone get a written quote from VW that shows the £750 deposit contribution or was it just credited against the invoice value? It appears on on-line illustrations but dealer is saying it doesn't show on specific quotations.
It was just added to my deposit - making my deposit £750 larger than planned.

Back