Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW paint warranty

D1cey

D1cey

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looks like the 2018 T6 ocean I recently bought has had work done in the past under the VW paint warranty (which is still valid).
Unfortunately the paint in the area which has been repaired has failed again but as I understand it the warranty for the work now rests with whoever carried out the work (rather than VW itself).
Trouble is I don’t know who did the work and the previous owner is referring me back to the original VW warranty.
Has anyone come across this before and any suggestions how to progress the matter?
I emailed VW customer services last week but no reply as yet.
Thanks.

More info needed

Did you buy privately or via a VW dealer?
How do you know there has been work done? how do VW know there has been work done?
Who is telling you that its now not VWs problem?
Do you know what the original problem was?

Sounds like passing the buck to me. If the original paintwork was carried out under warranty from a VW approved bodyshop then surely the original warranty stands?

More info needed

Did you buy privately or via a VW dealer?
How do you know there has been work done? how do VW know there has been work done?
Who is telling you that its now not VWs problem?
Do you know what the original problem was?
Privately.
‘Van Centre workmanship warranty‘ applies to all workmanship on warranty claim work carried out by a van centre according to the warranty terms and conditions.
Not sure what the original problem would have been.

I guess warranty work would be logged by VW which was why I contacted customer services initially but as I said no response as yet, perhaps it takes a few days for them to respond.

Back