Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof corrosion in Scandinavia

Ok!
If it is white I might have seen your car at the garage and several times in vicinity of Bromma.
I have my place close to Vällingby.

/Christer

Visited VW Bromma today for the yearly wheel change and was told that the Cali was called back for warranty roof corrosion issue. Hooping for the best now.

I had my roof repaired under warranty 1,5 years ago in Göteborg. Unfortunately the corrosion has come back and I am now in the process of getting VW to redo the repairs. Has anyone else had problems with the repair work? VW states that there is a 12 month warranty on the repair, but as stated elsewhere on the forum this may actually be 3 years even though they do not inform about it. See the attachment from UK.

Attachments

• VWCORLET.pdf
    947.3 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys, I know this is an old thread and I might not get an answer.

I'm in Stockholm and I recently bought a white T5 California from 2012 (perhaps one of your old vans?)

he roof cap seal on the elevating side is broken (there's a gap). I don't see any corrosion but water is coming in and making the A pillars wet.

The van is 12 years old... is it even worth trying to contact to Din Bil Göteborg or some other dealer? What would my plan B be?

Thanks for the support!

Back