VW SatNav RNS510

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Chaps,

My (infintely) better half has recently collected her new Tiguan complete with SatNav RNS510.

She's used it in anger a few times now. Results are less than optimum. I can't use the exact words she's used to describe it, the post would be removed!

It just seems inaccurate in terms of traffic prediction and route planning. Not a patch on TomTom it would seem.

Discuss.

S.

All satnavs seem to have their own quirks and it comes down to personal preference really and what you are used to. I don't know about stand alone TomToms but I have it as a factory fit in my company car and it's not a patch on the RNS510. I gave up using TomTom years ago and started using IGo on PDAs and now my phone. We have a separate Garmin unit in the other car which seems to be pretty good although it too throws up some pretty daft routes at times.

If you think TomTom are good ttry a Garmin, fae better, menues more ligical. Their after narket support is excellent. Garmin have made aviation & maritime sat navs for donkeys years.

All sat navs will get you from a to b. But may not be the way you would go. They also need experimentation with settings.

Suggest set rns to find 3 route & pick one you agree with.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back