Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T5 SINK TAP

C

chrisswash

VIP Member
I am having problems with the tap in my T5 california. Does anyone know where i can get a replacement.

thanks

chris

What problems are you having :?:

the micro switch in the tap is playing up and stops working after a few uses. i can unplug the supply cable to the switch in the tap and short out the 12v to the switch and the pump runs fine so i know thats ok. any suggestions would be appreciated as i am due to touring on the 17 july and need to sort this out.

You can get them from your local VW commercial dealer. We've had a couple of these replaced.

Good luck

The Riemo web site in the link you posted does not ship to the uk.

Yes... I had the same problem.

Spare tap from VW... At the time about £35 I think and the advantage was it was in the next day.

About 30 minutes for me to fit. Easy job if a little fiddly.

It is also possible to fix the micro switch, it's an open construction inside the moving part of the tap lever. The cover can be levered off to the side. I found that the spring steel part in mine had bent slightly, fixed it and now keep it as a spare.

Rgds
Mark

Hi Mark
I am having intermittent problems with my tap not working - I think it must be a sticky microswitch. As you have had a chance to take one apart, do you think there is any simple fix - eg a squirt of silicone spray?
Thanks
Derrick

Give Steve in our parts department a call and he will be able to organise one for you and can post it out as well 01403 581242.

cheers

Derrick said:
Hi Mark
I am having intermittent problems with my tap not working - I think it must be a sticky microswitch. As you have had a chance to take one apart, do you think there is any simple fix - eg a squirt of silicone spray?
Thanks
Derrick

It's possible, wouldn't silicone (as it's a bit of an insulator) but a contact cleaner may help.

Certainly the device on my 2009 model has an open arrangement for the switch rather than a seal unit.

M

Yes... I had the same problem.

Spare tap from VW... At the time about £35 I think and the advantage was it was in the next day.

About 30 minutes for me to fit. Easy job if a little fiddly.

It is also possible to fix the micro switch, it's an open construction inside the moving part of the tap lever. The cover can be levered off to the side. I found that the spring steel part in mine had bent slightly, fixed it and now keep it as a spare.

Rgds
Mark
Hi Mark
Can you give any advice on fitting a new tap. Do you hav to remove the sink/cooker unit?
Regards
David

No you don't need to remove the sink

If the micro switch isn't completely burnt out, fit a 12v relay to take the strain of the pumps electrical demand off that tiny microswitch.

Rgrds,

Rob H.
the micro switch in the tap is playing up and stops working after a few uses. i can unplug the supply cable to the switch in the tap and short out the 12v to the switch and the pump runs fine so i know thats ok. any suggestions would be appreciated as i am due to touring on the 17 july and need to sort this out.

Back