Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a good, trustworthy dealership in Central Scotland

We had creases taken out of our Cali roof by a mobile dents away man. Took him an hour and cost less the £100 and was as good as new.

We had creases taken out of our Cali roof by a mobile dents away man. Took him an hour and cost less the £100 and was as good as new.
Thanks, that sounds encouraging. I notice that you've had roof corrosion problems, did you manage to get them sorted out. I thought the roof panel was aluminium, hence corrosion resistant.

Thanks, that sounds encouraging. I notice that you've had roof corrosion problems, did you manage to get them sorted out. I thought the roof panel was aluminium, hence corrosion resistant.
He did not

Mike

he bellows were torn and the roof was creased at the same location by the VW dealership in Glasgow. They have replaced the bellows, but are refusing to replace the damaged roof!
If they have taken responsibility for the damage to the bellows how can they not take responsibility for damage to the roof ?

If they have taken responsibility for the damage to the bellows how can they not take responsibility for damage to the roof ?
They have attempted a botched repair and now want to have another go at it. It's not going back there!

Got it sorted out by legally rejecting both Californias and am now looking forward to a VW free life.
The two threads listed in the previous post have all the info you need, happy reading!

Got it sorted out by legally rejecting both Californias and am now looking forward to a VW free life.
The two threads listed in the previous post have all the info you need, happy reading!
Are you no longer a VW owner?

The dealership has already attempted to repair the roof and it has been unsuccessful. The After Sales Manager has admitted that he would not have accepted the repair from the body shop, had he seen it before the vehicle was returned to me. I am unwilling to return my vehicle to this dealership as they have done so much damage to it over the last 5 months. Every time it has been in, it has come back in a worse condition.

I've had the same issue with Lookers in Carlisle.
They don't have a clue what good customer service is and every time the vehicle has gone into them it has come back with damage.

There must be a good service department out there somewhere(??)

Thank you, that's good to hear!
Hi DavidKeith,
Please can you confirm whether the Glasgow outfit responsible for your roof damage was a body shop called Glasgow Audi (I think otherwise known as Lookers Glasgow Accident Repair Centre)?

I ask because I have been told by VWCS that it is to them that my roof corrosion repair work is to be allocated. If that is the place which has caused you so much trouble it sounds as though I should avoid it like the plague.

I'd be most grateful for the info.

Julian

That's very sad, I do hope you got a full refund. I believe the new Mercedes campervan is getting good review (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that here) oops!

Hi DavidKeith,
Please can you confirm whether the Glasgow outfit responsible for your roof damage was a body shop called Glasgow Audi (I think otherwise known as Lookers Glasgow Accident Repair Centre)?

I ask because I have been told by VWCS that it is to them that my roof corrosion repair work is to be allocated. If that is the place which has caused you so much trouble it sounds as though I should avoid it like the plague.

I'd be most grateful for the info.

Julian
Yes, it was the Audi bodyshop in Hillington I believe linked to Lookers who attempted my repair.

That's very sad, I do hope you got a full refund. I believe the new Mercedes campervan is getting good review (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that here) oops!
Good reviews but not here yet so will wait a while for user reviews. My concern is that the newer v class vans we use still suffer bodywork rust. The cali roof problem is not rust and does not weaken the body..

Good reviews but not here yet so will wait a while for user reviews. My concern is that the newer v class vans we use still suffer bodywork rust. The cali roof problem is not rust and does not weaken the body..
I thought it was rust along the edge of the elevating roof!

Hi DavidKeith
Try FozSports in Kennet, about 5 miles from G/mouth. 01259 216189, ask for Fozzy (Steven Fawcett). He has a very good reputation in the wee county for quality body repairs and painting. Best.
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

For paintless dent removal try Keith Burrow of KB dents based in larbert. He's on 07789226321. His work is first class, had 2 dings removed from my previous car for £54 each time. Really good workmanship and a nice guy too - would highly recommend him. If it's accessible in the roof then he should be able to get to it and you'd never know it was dinged once he's done.

Foz sports gets a second vote from me too.