Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw T6.1 rear dash on without ignition

ddgp

ddgp

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi guys... Why is the rear passenger dash on if I have all things switched off?

Is there a way to manually switch it off?

20200611_233658.jpg

On the rear control panel, you can turn it off by lowering the fan speed to 0 (you can faintly see Off in your photo). On my 5.1 Climatrontic I can also turn it off from the front by clicking "Rear" on the climate control, which gives you direct control of the rear unit from the front. I don't know if that has changed.

See video. It has worked on me before... why isn't consistent? Ignition is off too....

Hi, is that a ‘Fortana’ Red T6.1, do you have any more photo’s? Love the colour but can’t find many real photos of that colour on line. Many Thanks

Software update of the airco display needed?

You'd better ask VW if this problem is known with a solution.

Was your heating on at the time?
I’ve heard that the rear panel switches on when the heating is on but I haven’t tried it yet

I’ve heard that the rear panel switches on when the heating is on but I haven’t tried it yet

Probably... But why

Will try and report back.

Ive also informed VW but response is very slow due to the Covid (part time working only

Probably... But why

Will try and report back.

Ive also informed VW but response is very slow due to the Covid (part time working only
Might this be one of those systems that is activated when the vehicle is unlocked and the drivers door opened.
Wait for an hour with the vehicle Locked. Then unlock the vehicle But only open the sliding door. Panel still illuminated?

I've tried this now.
The backlight on this display comes on when the auxiliary heating is on, but mine doesn't the temperature :confused:
I've reported this to VW this morning as my van is back there for some issues :(

yes... mine just got a software upgrade... I will monitor and see if the problem persists
I've tried this now.
The backlight on this display comes on when the auxiliary heating is on, but mine doesn't the temperature :confused:
I've reported this to VW this morning as my van is back there for some issues :(

I back this up given the latest SW upgrade

The light is on with the Auxiliar battery and it doesn't have a measurement. Just a black lightened black light... I just dont understand why it stays on.

What it doesn't switch off is the workstop LED light. it is very light but it doesn't go off either.

Anyone else with these issues?

yes... mine just got a software upgrade... I will monitor and see if the problem persists

I back this up given the latest SW upgrade

The light is on with the Auxiliar battery and it doesn't have a measurement. Just a black lightened black light... I just dont understand why it stays on.

What it doesn't switch off is the workstop LED light. it is very light but it doesn't go off either.

Anyone else with these issues?

I’ve reported the led strip light also, they said it’s normal until I pointed out that the Cali in the showroom didn’t have that problem.
When I get my Cali back, I’ll be checking again

Mine also does this, you get backlight only at the rear when ignition is off then if you have the heater on whilst the ignition is on and turn the ignition off The display and temp stays on the rear air con screen. You will also notice the front infotainment backlight flashes on (only noticeable when dark) as the heater initialises

ok... again the car went to the the dealer and the rear dash and the light of the work station will not go off... aparently is not meant to be fixed

in addition, since I originally brought it due to the roof not coming down... now I've got a very nasty screw driver scratch on the driver seat . How the heck the VW dealer / mechanic managed to do that!

20200816_075532.jpg

Hi All,

Yesterday I slept in the Cali for the first time with the heating on. And I couldn't recall the airco light in the rear being so bright. There seemed to be no way to turn this thing off.
So i did a google search and found this topic :)
I've read it entirely, and it seems that this 'fault' is normal behaviour with the aux. heating on?

That's a real scr*w up from VW. So the only solution will be to put some tape over it I guess?

Greetings
Leo

Hi All,

Yesterday I slept in the Cali for the first time with the heating on. And I couldn't recall the airco light in the rear being so bright. There seemed to be no way to turn this thing off.
So i did a google search and found this topic :)
I've read it entirely, and it seems that this 'fault' is normal behaviour with the aux. heating on?

That's a real scr*w up from VW. So the only solution will be to put some tape over it I guess?

Greetings
Leo
exactly. I just have black tape over the rear dash.

and the kitchen bench led does not switch off.

summary, 2 scr*W ups