Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Vans website. The configurators are in!

C

calicalling

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Finally the configurators for all California versions have become live on the UK website. A lot more equipment coming as standard now which were listed as options before. A new colour, Ascot Grey is available at no additional cost. I am annoyed Coast and Ocean have the adaptive cruise control included as I much prefer the standard one. I'm puzzled by some of the options. Can anybody tell me what is "storage compartment package" (£204.-) and "wing door right in passenger compartment"(£372.-)?

Wing door right..... I believes means electronic sliding door

Colours are lacking.

Finally the configurators for all California versions have become live on the UK website. A lot more equipment coming as standard now which were listed as options before. A new colour, Ascot Grey is available at no additional cost. I am annoyed Coast and Ocean have the adaptive cruise control included as I much prefer the standard one. I'm puzzled by some of the options. Can anybody tell me what is "storage compartment package" (£204.-) and "wing door right in passenger compartment"(£372.-)?

Hi
The list lacks something in the translation. I queried both of these with the 'online chat' person and they couldnt tell me (that was a while back tho) since queried with dealer and have ordered the storage compartment package which, comprises additional storage drawer under rear bench seat. (if not selected this remains a dummy drawer) other part of it is the safety net which sits in the hatch when the roof is up to secure little people from falling out. The net looks like it can be used as storage too.
I am amazed that no one at VW has amended these poor descriptions. Wing door right gives no clue that is is the electric feature.,,,,
I also queried the tyre pressure option as it is not clear either. It should be re done, but perhaps it is a dynamic ruse to encourage us to visit a dealer and enquire.

Wing door as already suggested is definitely the electric side door. The dynamic tyre pressure monitor means you can bring up the tyre pressures for each tyre on the display. The standard system just measures the rolling resistance when moving and just alerts that the pressure has changed but doesn't tell you which tyre is the culprit.

other part of it is the safety net which sits in the hatch when the roof is up to secure little people from falling out. The net looks like it can be used as storage too.
No, it's not the safety net, that is standard, this is a storage net strung across the front of the sliding hatch opening for storage only. This can only be used when the hatch is open and roof up, it's handy for stuff when using the top bed or in general when the roof is up. It does however hang down over the front seats and impedes slightly when the chairs are turned. I can forgive that though and find it useful.

I went on yesterday got above £100k for a GC680 and that's not with anything like all the extras,better start saving.

No, it's not the safety net, that is standard, this is a storage net strung across the front of the sliding hatch opening for storage only. This can only be used when the hatch is open and roof up, it's handy for stuff when using the top bed or in general when the roof is up. It does however hang down over the front seats and impedes slightly when the chairs are turned. I can forgive that though and find it useful.

OK thanks for that. I have just ordered my Cali, and when I asked the question was told about the net and misunderstood reference. I cant visualise that but any extra storage will be useful.

OK thanks for that. I have just ordered my Cali, and when I asked the question was told about the net and misunderstood reference. I cant visualise that but any extra storage will be useful.
I have also ordered this storage pack. I think the net is shown in this video at 25m 40s. I just wanted the second storage drawer but the net comes as part of that pack. If it becomes a faff it should be easy to remove.

I have also ordered this storage pack. I think the net is shown in this video at 25m 40s. I just wanted the second storage drawer but the net comes as part of that pack. If it becomes a faff it should be easy to remove.
Yes, that's the one.:thumb

Hi
The list lacks something in the translation. I queried both of these with the 'online chat' person and they couldnt tell me (that was a while back tho) since queried with dealer and have ordered the storage compartment package which, comprises additional storage drawer under rear bench seat. (if not selected this remains a dummy drawer) other part of it is the safety net which sits in the hatch when the roof is up to secure little people from falling out. The net looks like it can be used as storage too.
I am amazed that no one at VW has amended these poor descriptions. Wing door right gives no clue that is is the electric feature.,,,,
I also queried the tyre pressure option as it is not clear either. It should be re done, but perhaps it is a dynamic ruse to encourage us to visit a dealer and enquire.
Talk about lacking something in the translation. The whole configurator looks like it's been written by someone who learned English in New York.

Back