Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VWC California meeting March?

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be interested in a VW California meeting?

It seems that March is a "busy" month, but maybe one of those days are ok:

23/03/2024 Saturday
or
24//03/2024 Sunday

Both days from 10 am.

I would suggest Donadea Forest Park in Kildare. It has a nice car park, trails for people to go for a walk with the chilrdren (by the way, there is a pond with ducks). Certainly good to get there for the people in the greater Dublin area. Unfortenatley there is a EUR 5.00 entrance fee (card only).

If a different date and place would be better, please suggest it.

Regards,
Eberhard

Nice to see someone trying to get a mini meet going. Hope you get some support. Location is a long way from Watford, so I'm afraid it's not on for us. Well done.

Hi Eber,
I am in Cavan, but I am from Naas. I spent many childhood Sunday afternoons in Donadea - I would be very happy to come along. Either day would suit me (I would lean towards the Sunday morning but I'll happily come along to either!). I'll keep an eye on the thread over the coming weeks for any updates.
Many thanks,
Georgina

Hello Georgina,

That is brilliant. I certainly will be in Donadea on Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm.

I am toying with the idea to be there on Saturday from 10 am to 1 pm as well. But I am not sure, yet.

Looking forward to meet you on the 24th of March.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello Georgina,

That is brilliant. I certainly will be in Donadea on Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm.

I am toying with the idea to be there on Saturday from 10 am to 1 pm as well. But I am not sure, yet.

Looking forward to meet you on the 24t

Regards,
Eberhard
Hi Eberhard,
That’s great - looking forward to it! If you like, I could mention it on the Volkswagen California Ireland facebook page and try to get a few more to come along.
Georgina

Good morning,

That would be great. I haven't booked anything with Coillte, but as you know the car park in Donadea (at the very right when you drive in) is rather big, surely room for 15 or 20 vehicles.

If there is a growing interest of California owners to meet we could organize something more official.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello,

1st of March and we have at least 5 cm snow on the ground. Who could expected that?

Good that there are a few days left to the 23/24 of March, so I hope the weather will be better :).

If you are interested to come, maybe you could post which day you prefer.

Regards from a white "Killeighter" world.

Eberhard

Well, it was a wonderful afternoon here in Kildare. After I watched the weather forecast yesterday I didn't expect it.

I hope that 2nd next weekend the weather will be as nice.

If you have no plan for the Saturday or Sunday to pop in to Donadea to say high.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello,

I hope the weather will be a wee bit better for the weekend.

I will be in Donadea on both days. Tomorrow from 10 to 12 and Sunday from 10 to 13.

Looking forward to see you there.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hi Eberhard,
Just confirming I’ve travelled to Naas this afternoon and plan to be in Donadea for 10am tomorrow morning. I have 2 or 3 other people expressed interest in coming along too.
Hope to see you tomorrow,
Georgina

Hello,

I was so busy the recent days that I forgot to update the thread.

We had a nice afternoon. A few people where there with a wide variety of campers. We had a good old chat and I learned a good bit.

Thank you for everybody who was there.

Maybe at the beginning of the autumn we could meet up again. Maybe on a different place, which might be more suitable for people coming from the west. If you have some ideas please let me know.

Regards,
Eberhard

Back