Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting aged for replacement control panel knob

B

brompton2

VIP Member
It’s the usual fault on the control panel knob which is failing to engage properly (T5 California). I’ve seen the You Tube clips about how to replace it and have been waiting ages for it as there is a supply problem with the part which is apparently VW approved. I obviously don’t want the expense of replacing the whole unit when there should be a simple solution.

have you managed to get yet ? we have been waiting for ours for nearly 8 months i am worried about it not working for our planned summer hoidays. it is still under warranty

have you managed to get yet ? we have been waiting for ours for nearly 8 months i am worried about it not working for our planned summer hoidays. it is still under warranty
I gave up ages ago and fitted a metal hifi switch. Easy to do and can be removed and replaced without having to remove the control unit in future. Doesn’t look half as bad as I expected it to.

I gave up ages ago and fitted a metal hifi switch. Easy to do and can be removed and replaced without having to remove the control unit in future. Doesn’t look half as bad as I expected it to.
Morning montyburns1982!

Just wondering if you'd be able to provide anymore details on this hack please? I'm sick to death of taking the unit out to simply replace one crap bit of plastic for another equally crap bit of plastic. I'm utterly hopeless when it comes to all things DIY and anything of a practical nature so the more information, directions and pictures / video the better.

Got to love this so called German build quality. I can only assume it still exists but i'm yet to see any. I also have a Haldex Pump to replace.

Back