Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting forever!!

• Thread starter Pat and John Allchurch
  • Start date
Yep. Same here. 4 weeks ago dealer said it was built and would be with them in 2-3 weeks. Still no sign. Dealer just said “it’s not arrived in uk yet and it’s out of our hands”, so I’m guessing it’s at the German port. Very frustrating. Then again we’ve waited over 2 years in total so what’s a few more weeks!
Over two years? Oh, you had a beemer in between and cancelled your first order :D ;) Or was this someone else? It’s been so long.
You'll be so happy when it finally arrives.

Over two years? Oh, you had a beemer in between and cancelled your first order :D ;) Or was this someone else? It’s been so long.
You'll be so happy when it finally arrives.
Yep, was me!! No regrets on the beemer but can’t wait for the Cali

Yep, was me!! No regrets on the beemer but can’t wait for the Cali
I thought so; yes, was a long time ago; I remember the posts about that. But here you are: almost owning your cali and I can believe longing for it. It won't be long now.

Here She is !

Collected yesterday from Marshalls in Reading, couldn't have had a better handover, 3 hrs with John who went through every aspect of the Cali and nothing was too much trouble - he even came in on his day off to facilitate - probably the best handover I've had from any car I've bought during the 58 years I've been on this earth! :)

We are really pleased with the vehicle, managed to drive her home before it rained and now need to plan our first adventure. We would have preferred to have delayed until spring 2023 but VW have recently stipulated when it arrives it must be collected so it is what it is and we can enjoy straight away - I even checked with VW customer service and its correct so out of dealer's hands.

At least all those rumours around the possibility of having to make up the price increases whilst waiting over the last year have been dispelled, not even mentioned once by the dealer, so it looks like VW decided to honour their prices at point of order after all.

For those still waiting, believe me it's all worth it on collection day, even at the high price tag.

Ironically, we ordered on 26/11/21 and collected exactly a year later on 26/11/22. Now I think now we are moving towards much shorter lead times and have turned a corner which has to be good news for everyone :)

A83CA345-088E-4272-A45E-912B19D153E7.jpeg

DDCE5328-349F-4979-90BA-1B21D32C0112.jpeg