Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Confirmed build for next week

Having ordered ours back in September and been given a week 11 build we resigned ourselvelves to the fact that we were going to miss the end of March cut off date and have to pay the new VED tax from April 1st.

STOP PRESS........

Got an email today to say that not only has it been built but it is sitting on UK soil awaiting registration and delivery to our dealer. Talk about cutting it fine..

Needless to say we are both delighted and can't wait to drive down to Preston and collect our first Cali.

I understood from my discussions with our dealer that Germany are aware of the impending deadline and are doing their best to deliver in good time.

Fingers crossed for everyone else and hope your order was on the same boat.

For information our order was for a Ocean 204DSG 4 motion, Indium grey
Wow - that is great new. I wonder do you know if your build week 11 was moved forward at all or did it get built and shipped in a week - if so that is amazing. We haven't heard anything today - might have missed the boat so to speak... :0)

Fantastic news Tronic - we're still waiting for news. Our dealer is still optimistic it will be delivered to the UK next week and as we're a Week 10 build, hopefully that will still be possible.

Ours was week 9 and arrived at the dealers last night.

I've a feeling of relief more than anything, though the pessimist in me still has me worrying about stuff like damage in transit, missing options etc

I think theres a still time for week 10 builds to arrive, maybe even week 11? Here's hoping.

I guess I better sell my Renault now; arrange insurance etc

Ours was week 9 and arrived at the dealers last night.

I've a feeling of relief more than anything, though the pessimist in me still has me worrying about stuff like damage in transit, missing options etc

I think theres a still time for week 10 builds to arrive, maybe even week 11? Here's hoping.

I guess I better sell my Renault now; arrange insurance etc
Congratulations - you're a step nearer! Our dealer is still optimistic so we are hopeful. We're using our car as part exchange so don't have to think about that and I've just entered the minefield of insurance!

Congratulations to all who have received their vans. For those who were build week 10 like us, we have received the good news that our van is due to dock in the UK today this is after being told last week that it is unlikely that it would arrive before the 1st April. So it looks as if VW are on the ball.

Hi. According to my dealer, my Cali is in "Camper center" finishing up. Anyone knows what that means?

We're Status 38 today.... Which I think is in the port but not yet on the ship..... Still hopeful that it will land before April tax fools day!

For information, once you have been notified that your Cali is in Blighty to avoid new VED you need to do the following.
1.the vehicle needs to be registered, our dealer gave us a choice of 5 different plates.

2. Any finance agreements need to be signed and emailed back to dealer, that part is a bit of a faff as you need to scan 7 documents with your signature.

3. Any outstanding money owed by you needs to be transferred over to the dealer.

Picked up our week 7 build Ocean DSG 4 Motion grey on Wednesday. Drives beautifully. While there dealer said new orders are now taking till 2018 for build dates!!!

Our Cali is at Emden waiting to be shipped over to the UK - information this morning is that it should arrive in Grimsby on Wednesday or Thursday :Nailbiting If we are able to register it before April it will obviously be by the skin of our teeth! Our dealer is willing to register as soon as the right status code comes up, and is also has someone else in the same position so assures us he is checking frequently. How are the rest of you that are still hoping to beat the tax doing?

We've emailed our dealer for an update, but haven't heard anything yet. Will send him another message and if no reply will phone him on Wednesday when I'm not at work.

Called my dealer today. My week 10 build is apparently in transit between factory and port. He suggested about 4 weeks until it arrives at dealer. I'm not sure if he is relaying up to the minute information or the weekly update from last Wednesday - although he assured me this was the latest.

Called my dealer today. My week 10 build is apparently in transit between factory and port. He suggested about 4 weeks until it arrives at dealer. I'm not sure if he is relaying up to the minute information or the weekly update from last Wednesday - although he assured me this was the latest.
Mr B spoke to our dealer today and it now seems like we've missed the pre-tax delivery. The latest update is that Cali is still in Germany and has been marked ready for shipping since 16 March, but no further news. Ho hum, it looks like we're going to be back to Plan A, delivery middle to late April!

Looks like we are in the same boat... Maybe our Calis will be on the same boat too!

We're just eager to get our hands on our Cali as soon as we can. Just in time for Easter would be a bonus.

My dealer told me today I can not change my order. Suppose I should be excited as that must mean I will see her soon or she is in the production process. What does it really mean? Is it around 4 weeks to production, then 3 weeks, then 2 weeks transit and 1 week PDI ????? Does that make sense?

Though I cant add the LED headlight option...... Anyone recommend the best bulbs as I hear the headlamps as standard on an Ocean are poor??

I read a lot of threads, really interesting. Alot saying dont buy stuff untill got baby. Tried but bought all kinds..

Will mine have the split glass hob and sink cover?? I want one of those coloured protectors as they look superb.

EXCITED..

Back